Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Alter PHP code to play video instead of images

    I need to change this PHP page to play a video, videos if possible, automatically instead of images. Please help.

    THE SUPERSIZED.PHP CODE

    * { margin:0; padding:0; }
    body { background:#111; }
    img{ border:none; }

    #supersized-loader { position:absolute; top:50%; left:50%; z-index:10; width:60px; height:60px; margin:-30px 0 0 -30px; text-indent:-999em; background-color:#111; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.8) url(images/progress.gif) no-repeat center center; -webkit-border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; border-radius:5px;}

    #supersized { position:fixed; left:0; top:0; overflow:hidden; z-index:-999; height:100%; width:100%; }
    #supersized img{ width:auto; height:auto; position:relative; display:none; outline:none; border:none; }
    #supersized.speed img { -ms-interpolation-mode:nearest-neighbor; image-rendering: -moz-crisp-edges; } /*Speed*/
    #supersized.quality img { -ms-interpolation-mode:bicubic; image-rendering: optimizeQuality; } /*Quality*/

    #supersized a { z-index:-30; position:absolute; overflow:hidden; top:0; left:0; width:100%; height:100%; background:#111;}
    #supersized a.prevslide { z-index:-20; }
    #supersized a.activeslide { z-index:-10; }
    #supersized a.prevslide img, #supersized a.activeslide img{ display:inline; }

    /*Controls Section*/
    #controls-wrapper { margin:0 auto; height:62px; width:100%; bottom:0; left:0; z-index:4; background:url(../img/nav-bg.png) repeat-x; position:fixed; }
    #controls { overflow:hidden; height:100%; text-align:left; z-index:5; padding:0 114px; /* Increase padding to give thumbnails room */ }
    #slidecounter { float:left; color:#888; font:23px "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold; text-shadow:#000 0 -1px 0; margin:19px 10px 18px 20px; }
    #slidecaption { overflow:hidden; float:left; color:#FFF; font:16px "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold; text-shadow:#000 0 2px 0; margin:23px 20px 23px 0; }
    #navigation { float:right; margin:10px 20px 0 0; }

    /*Thumbnail Navigation*/
    #nextthumb,#prevthumb { z-index:6; display:none; position:fixed; bottom:12px; height:75px; width:100px; overflow:hidden; background:#ddd; border:2px solid #fff; -webkit-box-shadow:0 0 5px #000; }
    #nextthumb { right:12px; }
    #prevthumb { left:12px; }
    #nextthumb img, #prevthumb img { width:150px; height:auto; }
    #nextthumb:active, #prevthumb:active { bottom:10px; }
    #navigation > :hover,#nextthumb:hover, #prevthumb:hover { cursorointer; }

  • #2
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Your Monitor
    Posts
    4,324
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 525 Times in 512 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    There is no php in that code. In fact thats not even html code it's css.
    See my new CodingForums Blog: http://www.codingforums.com/blogs/tangoforce/

    Many useful explanations and tips including: Cannot modify headers - already sent, The IE if (isset($_POST['submit'])) bug explained, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, debugging tips and much more!

  • #3
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewgla View Post
    I need to change this PHP page to play a video, videos if possible, automatically instead of images. Please help.

    THE SUPERSIZED.PHP CODE

    * { margin:0; padding:0; }
    body { background:#111; }
    img{ border:none; }

    #supersized-loader { position:absolute; top:50%; left:50%; z-index:10; width:60px; height:60px; margin:-30px 0 0 -30px; text-indent:-999em; background-color:#111; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.8) url(images/progress.gif) no-repeat center center; -webkit-border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; border-radius:5px;}

    #supersized { position:fixed; left:0; top:0; overflow:hidden; z-index:-999; height:100%; width:100%; }
    #supersized img{ width:auto; height:auto; position:relative; display:none; outline:none; border:none; }
    #supersized.speed img { -ms-interpolation-mode:nearest-neighbor; image-rendering: -moz-crisp-edges; } /*Speed*/
    #supersized.quality img { -ms-interpolation-mode:bicubic; image-rendering: optimizeQuality; } /*Quality*/

    #supersized a { z-index:-30; position:absolute; overflow:hidden; top:0; left:0; width:100%; height:100%; background:#111;}
    #supersized a.prevslide { z-index:-20; }
    #supersized a.activeslide { z-index:-10; }
    #supersized a.prevslide img, #supersized a.activeslide img{ display:inline; }

    /*Controls Section*/
    #controls-wrapper { margin:0 auto; height:62px; width:100%; bottom:0; left:0; z-index:4; background:url(../img/nav-bg.png) repeat-x; position:fixed; }
    #controls { overflow:hidden; height:100%; text-align:left; z-index:5; padding:0 114px; /* Increase padding to give thumbnails room */ }
    #slidecounter { float:left; color:#888; font:23px "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold; text-shadow:#000 0 -1px 0; margin:19px 10px 18px 20px; }
    #slidecaption { overflow:hidden; float:left; color:#FFF; font:16px "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold; text-shadow:#000 0 2px 0; margin:23px 20px 23px 0; }
    #navigation { float:right; margin:10px 20px 0 0; }

    /*Thumbnail Navigation*/
    #nextthumb,#prevthumb { z-index:6; display:none; position:fixed; bottom:12px; height:75px; width:100px; overflow:hidden; background:#ddd; border:2px solid #fff; -webkit-box-shadow:0 0 5px #000; }
    #nextthumb { right:12px; }
    #prevthumb { left:12px; }
    #nextthumb img, #prevthumb img { width:150px; height:auto; }
    #nextthumb:active, #prevthumb:active { bottom:10px; }
    #navigation > :hover,#nextthumb:hover, #prevthumb:hover { cursorointer; }
    Maybe you should post the page here or the whole page code for us to understand your question

  • #4
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prince55l View Post
    Maybe you should post the page here or the whole page code for us to understand your question
    Hmmmm apologies for that. Just made an assumption. Ive checked the code on the page. There is a div that holds the images and changes. This is the div that I need to display video instead of images.

    The php for this div can be displayed below. Any help would be great appreciated.

    SUPERSIZED.PHP


    * { margin:0; padding:0; }
    body { background:#111; }
    img{ border:none; }

    #supersized-loader { position:absolute; top:50%; left:50%; z-index:10; width:60px; height:60px; margin:-30px 0 0 -30px; text-indent:-999em; background-color:#111; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.8) url(images/progress.gif) no-repeat center center; -webkit-border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; border-radius:5px;}

    #supersized { position:fixed; left:0; top:0; overflow:hidden; z-index:-999; height:100%; width:100%; }
    #supersized img{ width:auto; height:auto; position:relative; display:none; outline:none; border:none; }
    #supersized.speed img { -ms-interpolation-mode:nearest-neighbor; image-rendering: -moz-crisp-edges; } /*Speed*/
    #supersized.quality img { -ms-interpolation-mode:bicubic; image-rendering: optimizeQuality; } /*Quality*/

    #supersized a { z-index:-30; position:absolute; overflow:hidden; top:0; left:0; width:100%; height:100%; background:#111;}
    #supersized a.prevslide { z-index:-20; }
    #supersized a.activeslide { z-index:-10; }
    #supersized a.prevslide img, #supersized a.activeslide img{ display:inline; }

    /*Controls Section*/
    #controls-wrapper { margin:0 auto; height:62px; width:100%; bottom:0; left:0; z-index:4; background:url(../img/nav-bg.png) repeat-x; position:fixed; }
    #controls { overflow:hidden; height:100%; text-align:left; z-index:5; padding:0 114px; /* Increase padding to give thumbnails room */ }
    #slidecounter { float:left; color:#888; font:23px "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold; text-shadow:#000 0 -1px 0; margin:19px 10px 18px 20px; }
    #slidecaption { overflow:hidden; float:left; color:#FFF; font:16px "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold; text-shadow:#000 0 2px 0; margin:23px 20px 23px 0; }
    #navigation { float:right; margin:10px 20px 0 0; }

    /*Thumbnail Navigation*/
    #nextthumb,#prevthumb { z-index:6; display:none; position:fixed; bottom:12px; height:75px; width:100px; overflow:hidden; background:#ddd; border:2px solid #fff; -webkit-box-shadow:0 0 5px #000; }
    #nextthumb { right:12px; }
    #prevthumb { left:12px; }
    #nextthumb img, #prevthumb img { width:150px; height:auto; }
    #nextthumb:active, #prevthumb:active { bottom:10px; }
    #navigation > :hover,#nextthumb:hover, #prevthumb:hover { cursorointer; }

  • #5
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prince55l View Post
    Maybe you should post the page here or the whole page code for us to understand your question
    Apologies.... pasted the wrong code.

    If anyone has any suggestions then could you guide me on where to make the changes as wordpress doesnt allow you to physically alter html pages if im thinking correctly.

    Cheers

    RAW PAGE CODE


    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html lang="en-US" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11"><meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"></meta><title>
    FILM TITLE
    </title><link media="screen" type="text/css" href="http://localhost:8888/site1/wp-content/themes/Shuttershot-old/style.css" rel="stylesheet"></link><link media="screen" href="http://localhost:8888/site1/wp-content/themes/Shuttershot-old/supersized.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"></link><link href="http://localhost:8888/site1/?feed=rss2" title="FILM TITLE RSS Feed" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate"></link><link href="http://localhost:8888/site1/?feed=atom" title="FILM TITLE Atom Feed" type="application/atom+xml" rel="alternate"></link><link href="http://localhost:8888/site1/xmlrpc.php" rel="pingback"></link><link href="http://localhost:8888/site1/?m=201306" title="June 2013" rel="archives"></link><link id="admin-bar-css" media="all" type="text/css" href="http://localhost:8888/site1/wp-includes/css/admin-bar.min.css?ver=3.5.2" rel="stylesheet"></link><script src="http://localhost:8888/site1/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.8.3" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://localhost:8888/site1/wp-content/themes/Shuttershot-old/js/superfish.js?ver=3.5.2" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://localhost:8888/site1/wp-content/themes/Shuttershot-old/js/effects.js?ver=3.5.2" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://localhost:8888/site1/wp-content/themes/Shuttershot-old/js/supersized.3.1.3.min.js?ver=3.5.2" type="text/javascript"></script><link href="http://localhost:8888/site1/xmlrpc.php?rsd" title="RSD" type="application/rsd+xml" rel="EditURI"></link><link href="http://localhost:8888/site1/wp-includes/wlwmanifest.xml" type="application/wlwmanifest+xml" rel="wlwmanifest"></link><meta content="WordPress 3.5.2" name="generator"></meta><style type="text/css">
    .recentcomments a{display:inline !important;padding:0 !important;margin:0 !important;}
    </style><style media="print" type="text/css">
    #wpadminbar { display:none; }
    </style><style media="screen" type="text/css">

    html { margin-top: 28px !important; }
    * html body { margin-top: 28px !important; }

    </style><script type="text/javascript">


    jQuery(function($){
    $.supersized({

    //Functionality
    slideshow : 1, //Slideshow on/off
    autoplay : 1, //Slideshow starts playing automatically
    start_slide : 1, //Start slide (0 is random)
    random : 0, //Randomize slide order (Ignores start slide)
    slide_interval : 5000, //Length between transitions
    transition : 1, //0-None, 1-Fade, 2-Slide Top, 3-Slide Right, 4-Slide Bottom, 5-Slide Left, 6-Carousel Right, 7-Carousel Left
    transition_speed : 1000, //Speed of transition
    new_window : 1, //Image links open in new window/tab
    pause_hover : 0, //Pause slideshow on hover
    keyboard_nav : 1, //Keyboard navigation on/off
    performance : 1, //0-Normal, 1-Hybrid speed/quality, 2-Optimizes image quality, 3-Optimizes transition speed // (Only works for Firefox/IE, not Webkit)
    image_protect : 1, //Disables image dragging and right click with Javascript


    //Size & Position
    min_width : 0, //Min width allowed (in pixels)
    min_height : 0, //Min height allowed (in pixels)
    vertical_center : 1, //Vertically center background
    horizontal_center : 1, //Horizontally center background
    fit_portrait : 1, //Portrait images will not exceed browser height
    fit_landscape : 0, //Landscape images will not exceed browser width

    //Components
    navigation : 1, //Slideshow controls on/off
    thumbnail_navigation : 1, //Thumbnail navigation
    slide_counter : 1, //Display slide numbers
    slide_captions : 1, //Slide caption (Pull from "title" in slides array)
    slides : [ //Slideshow Images


    {image : 'http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-k9nYwLz4JxA/Uayye1WBHRI/AAAAAAAA_74/LIabfPDPvvs/s640/Copy+of+A+Marine+with+the+7th+War+Dog+Platoon,+25th+Marine+Regiment,+takes+a+nap+while+Butch,+his+wa r+dog,+stands+guard.+Iwo+Jima,+February+1945.jpg'},{image : 'http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d9/General_gouraud_french_army_world_war_i_machinegun_marne_1918.JPEG'},{image : 'http://www.wallsforpc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Iraq-War.jpg'}
    ]

    });
    });

    </script></head><body class=" customize-support"><div id="supersized" class="speed" style="display: block;"><a class="prevslide" target="_blank" style="display: block; opacity: 1;"> … </a><a class="activeslide" target="_blank" style="display: block; opacity: 0.959499;"> … </a><a target="_blank"> … </a></div><div id="supersized-loader" style="display: none;"></div><div id="masthead">
    <!-- masthead begin -->
    <div id="top"><h1 class="logo"><a title="FILM TITLE" href="http://localhost:8888/site1/"> … </a></h1></div><div id="botmenu"><div id="submenu" class="menu-doc_film_menu1-container"><ul id="menu-doc_film_menu1" class="sfmenu sf-js-enabled sf-shadow"><li id="menu-item-20" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-20"> … </li><li id="menu-item-18" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-18"> … </li><li id="menu-item-19" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-19"> … </li><li id="menu-item-17" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-17"> … </li><li id="menu-item-16" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-16"> … </li></ul></div></div></div>
    <!--end masthead-->
    <div id="footer"><div class="fcred">

    Copyright © 2013
    <a title="FILM TITLE" href="http://localhost:8888/site1"> … </a>
    - ADD TAGLINE HERE -

    .

    </div><div class="clear"></div><script src="http://localhost:8888/site1/wp-includes/js/admin-bar.min.js?ver=3.5.2" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript">

    (function() {
    var request, b = document.body, c = 'className', cs = 'customize-support', rcs = new RegExp('(^|\\s+)(no-)?'+cs+'(\\s+|$)');

    request = true;

    b[c] = b[c].replace( rcs, ' ' );
    b[c] += ( window.postMessage && request ? ' ' : ' no-' ) + cs;
    }());

    </script><div id="wpadminbar" class="" role="navigation"><a class="screen-reader-shortcut" tabindex="1" href="#wp-toolbar"> … </a><div id="wp-toolbar" class="quicklinks" tabindex="0" aria-label="Top navigation toolbar." role="navigation"> … </div><a class="screen-reader-shortcut" href="http://localhost:8888/site1/wp-login.php?action=logout&_wpnonce=3ad437a938"> … </a></div></div></body></html>

  • #6
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Your Monitor
    Posts
    4,324
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 525 Times in 512 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewgla View Post
    Apologies.... pasted the wrong code.
    Yes you did. Considering I told you previously it was all css why did you post it again? - Did you just ignore what was being said?

    The code you've also posted is nothing but html. Why are you posting in a php forum if you're not going to give us any php code to look at? - All you've shown is css and html (eventually), dumped it on us and run off expecting us to solve it.

    Please post your problem in the html and css forums as appropriate.

    Finally would it really kill you to use the [php] or [code] tags? - Seriously?
    See my new CodingForums Blog: http://www.codingforums.com/blogs/tangoforce/

    Many useful explanations and tips including: Cannot modify headers - already sent, The IE if (isset($_POST['submit'])) bug explained, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, debugging tips and much more!

  • #7
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoforce View Post
    Yes you did. Considering I told you previously it was all css why did you post it again? - Did you just ignore what was being said?

    The code you've also posted is nothing but html. Why are you posting in a php forum if you're not going to give us any php code to look at? - All you've shown is css and html (eventually), dumped it on us and run off expecting us to solve it.

    Please post your problem in the html and css forums as appropriate.

    Finally would it really kill you to use the [php] or [code] tags? - Seriously?


    Complete idiot. Excuse me for thinking this was a site like the other thousands of technical forums where people of all levels can ask for assistance. If your so annoyed with novices then why even both to post anything and just move on. Someone asked for all the page code so they could check it out. What a wonder pleb guess what I actually posted the code from the page. Jesus. Reason why I'm on a pho site. Well again silly me for asking for assistance with some development on a platform that is based on PHP. I suggest you get off this forum as its clearly a burden for you.... Even though its completely your choice to read the questions. Again idiot.

    O and Ive solved the problem anyway Lesley. I used jQuery instead and deleted the code entirely.

    Thank you for the other responses Ive had who actually were sain.

  • #8
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Your Monitor
    Posts
    4,324
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 525 Times in 512 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewgla View Post
    Complete idiot. Excuse me for thinking this was a site like the other thousands of technical forums where people of all levels can ask for assistance. If your so annoyed with novices then why even both to post anything and just move on. Someone asked for all the page code so they could check it out. What a wonder pleb guess what I actually posted the code from the page. Jesus. Reason why I'm on a pho site. Well again silly me for asking for assistance with some development on a platform that is based on PHP. I suggest you get off this forum as its clearly a burden for you.... Even though its completely your choice to read the questions. Again idiot.

    O and Ive solved the problem anyway Lesley. I used jQuery instead and deleted the code entirely.

    Thank you for the other responses Ive had who actually were sain.
    I'm not annoyed I'm just making a very factual point: Take note of what people are saying to you. You don't appear to do so but seem to do everything in a rush.

    Stop, think and THEN take action. For example instead of seeing me as having a go at you (when my signature is full of tips trying to help people like YOU) stop, calm down think and ask yourself if I might be trying to help you somehow? - Instead you reply calling me an idiot (thanks - very kind).

    My signature even asks you not to be rude and to use the php tags - you clearly ignored that AND the sticky topic that you never bothered to read yet somehow I'm an idiot

    Like many I come here daily to try and help people. So far your actions have wasted my time and now you're insulting me for it?
    See my new CodingForums Blog: http://www.codingforums.com/blogs/tangoforce/

    Many useful explanations and tips including: Cannot modify headers - already sent, The IE if (isset($_POST['submit'])) bug explained, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, debugging tips and much more!

  • #9
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    I agree, the code needs to put into code tags, and be a bit more organized. It just takes to much time for someone to help out...

  • #10
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    matthewgla,

    tangoforce wasn't trying to be unhelpful, if you spend anytime looking round this site you will see he spends masses of his own time specifically helping people.

    But your posts were really very illegible, and you were asking about things that were completely different to what code you were providing.... Twice.

    You also made the code basically unreadable by not putting it inside code boxes.

    There are plenty of help-threads and stickies that show you how to do that, and it makes everyones life's easier if people just read the rules, before asking others to do their work for them


  •  

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •