I'm trying to build an online rota system.
My knowledge of php and databases is relatively low but I'm learning as I go along.
Anyway... Here's the project!
I'm part of a voluntary organization and we really need to update the way we submit attendances.
Users Log in individually.
When they are logged in they have access to a calendar and their own personal details which they can edit.
The generated calendar displays all of the available weekends in that particular month.
Users can then select which days they can attend and submit.
A week prior to the date a rota is displayed for everyone to see who is attending that weekend.
Other features required:
- Have basic and advanced users that we can register.
- Basic users simply submit attendance.
- Advanced users still submit attendance but can tell the calendar what dates are available and edit basic users attendance if needs be.
- Attendance by basic users is not allowed to be edited after a certain time/date. i.e The calendar gets locked down 1 week before that particular attendance date and displays the Rota is then displayed
- The ability for advanced users to add extra available days to the calendar rather than just weekends.
- When the rota is generated roles are to be automatically assigned to individuals.
If anyone has any advice on a project like this or have come across any code that could be useful, I would be extremely appreciative!