Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I have no idea if this is possible or not so I thought I ask

    Alright guys

    I am not sure if this is possible or not, so I thought I ask the experts! You guys!!

    I have finally succeed in getting my date up and running.. Finally finally!

    Please see here http://www.digitalresellersvault.com...egory=Dec_2008

    At the moment the full month word is being display.. I am wondering is there any way that we could used shorthand, i.e Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec instead of the full word for that particular month??

  • #2
    Senior Coder Len Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    1,323
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 100 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronwells View Post
    I am wondering is there any way that we could used shorthand, i.e Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec instead of the full word for that particular month??

    Check the PHP manual, or MySQL for the one letter code.




    --------------
    Leonard Whistler

  • #3
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Whistler View Post
    Check the PHP manual, or MySQL for the one letter code.




    --------------
    I dont want one letter.....

  • #4
    Senior Coder Len Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    1,323
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 100 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronwells View Post
    I dont want one letter.....


    For PHP: http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php I believe "M" is what you want.



    -------------------
    Leonard Whistler

  • #5
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Whistler View Post
    For PHP: http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php



    -------------------
    Len

    Alright this is the code that I am using to display the date on my page..

    $GetProduct = $db->get_rsltset("select *,(SELECT
    DATE_FORMAT(product_date, '%M-%d-%Y')) as formatteddate from
    ".$prefix."products $cond order by id DESC limit $start, $records");


    I am already using the letter M to which on my site displays the full month, not the shorthand version...

  • #6
    Senior Coder Len Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    1,323
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 100 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronwells View Post
    Len

    Alright this is the code that I am using to display the date on my page..

    $GetProduct = $db->get_rsltset("select *,(SELECT
    DATE_FORMAT(product_date, '%M-%d-%Y')) as formatteddate from
    ".$prefix."products $cond order by id DESC limit $start, $records");


    I am already using the letter M to which on my site displays the full month, not the shorthand version...
    Check MySQL ........ I think it might be %m



    --------------------------



    -------------
    Leonard Whistler

  • #7
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 37 Times in 37 Posts
    %b stands for shorthand month. Yes, of course, it is described in the Manual.
    Code:
     
    DATE_FORMAT(product_date, '%b-%d-%Y'))


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •