Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Physical location of cookies created by setCookie() function, and expiry

    I am not able to locate the cookies created by the setCookie function. They are not in the standard IE folder where temporary Internet files and cookies are placed. Does anyone know where I search, or how I trace them?

    Also, I created cookies using this command:

    Code:
    $string_to_check = $type."_".$pid;
    setCookie("$string_to_check", "1", time()+30*1);
    The cookie doesn't expire in 30 seconds - in fact, it doesn't seem to expire at all.

    One of the reasons that I want to see the actual cookies is to see what the expiration time is being set to.

    I'd be quite grateful for any pointers. Thank you very much for your time!

  • #2
    Senior Coder Nightfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    4,266
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 48 Times in 48 Posts
    You do realise that time()+30*1 is identical to time()+30 don't you?

  • #3
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh yes . It was 60*60, then it became 60*5 etc as I kept testing...

  • #4
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Also, I just noticed that my code works in FF but not in IE. That is, the cookie expires in FF in 30s, but not in IE. But I do not see the actual cookie in FF either (when I do Tools -> Options -> Show Cookies).

  • #5
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just figured that my IE cookie expires in about 9 hours and 33 minutes though I set it to expire in 30 seconds. Cannot figure out why .

  • #6
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Okay, so I figured this out. The time zones in the client machine and the server were different. I set them both to the exact same time and zone, and IE too started working.

    For anyone who needs to do the same on a Linux box (change the time zone):

    http://www.linuxsa.org.au/tips/time.html


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •