Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    htaccess problem?

    I have a virtual dedicated server with godaddy. I uploaded my site and then uploaded .htaccess (AddHandler server-parsed .html) Then when I go to my site in browser I get this error.

    Safari can’t open the page “mydomain”. The error was: “lost network connection” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

    The thing is, I did the exact same thing on another domain with the same htaccess file and everything works fine. SSI is enabled on both.

    I would really appreciate the help.

  • #2
    Supreme Master coder! _Aerospace_Eng_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In a place far, far away...
    Posts
    19,291
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 1,019 Posts
    Hmm that doesn't seem like an issue with the htaccess file. What happens if you remove it from your server? Also are you sure you didn't just overwrite an existing .htaccess file? And this has to do with PHP how?
    ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

  • #3
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When I remove it, the sites loads fine. No this is the only htaccess file I put in there. I do have a php trade script in the directory, could it somehow be related to that? But I used to have the exact same setup on another host and everything ran fine.

  • #4
    ess
    ess is offline
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    866
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
    I had a similar problem in the past with 1&1, called their support team and they were useless.

    In the end, I chmoded .htaccess file to 777 and it worked as expected. I would suggest that you try changing the read/write/execute to 777.

    cheers,
    Ess


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •