Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
09-30-2002, 05:02 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2002
- Nottingham, UK
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Damsel in distress over cgi error
I am currently trying to setup a greeting cards and I have modified the cgi setup script as it says in the installation file, but when I try to use the script, I get an 500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
There are a couple of things that I am not sure about and may be factors towards the script not working.
Change the variable $anyecard_dir to point to the absolute directory of the anyecard_install/.
In the example:
Make sure the the above $anyecard_dir/ directory, which is /home/webinstall/anyecard_install/ in the example, is writable by the cgi program.
How can I tell that the directory is writable by the cgi program?
Also the installation file says:
Install the modified greetingcard.cgi to your CGI-BIN/ directory. change its permission to be executable.
1) What does that mean? How do I install the cgi file - is it a simple case of just uploading it to the server (cgi-bin directory) or is there abit more to it than that?
2) How do I change the permissions on the file to make it an executable? ( do I simply right-click | properties | read execute)?
I've never used Perl before and I downloaded the script from www.anyecard.com
Help anyone please
10-02-2002, 01:53 AM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2002
- Moscow, RU
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
okay by the order:
1. I suppose you have linux/unix hosting. If it's correct you have to do these steps: you need to have a FULL location to your cgi-bin directory (not just /cgi-bin).. if you don't know it - ask your hosting provider.
2. Installation means - You have to upload it and add executional rights to the script - without it server will not execute it. In the same ftp program you using find option to change permissions and set it to 700 or 770. If you don't have any program use windows ftp client - all you have to type after upload will be complete is chmod 700 script.pl
3. Also you can have such problem because you have uploaded it in binary format.
hope this will help you..