Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
02-15-2006, 10:39 AM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2004
- Manchester, UK
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
UK PHP Developer & Linux Server Admin seeking work
Working in web development is not only a career for me, it is also a hobby I love with a passion.
I spend a lot of time working with linux web servers in my day-to-day work, as well as maintaining my own VDS at Mythic-Beasts.
Working to meet standards is something I firmly believe in acheiving wherever possible. I am very aware of the various standards set by the W3C and do most of my personal development work under XHTML 1.1. For this reason my CSS skills are excellent meaning I can generally put a strong CSS based layout together in a short space of time.
I'm actually a forum administrator over at, dare I say it :P Devnetwork Forums using the username d11wtq also.
Please take a moment to review my CV/Resume at http://chriscorbyn.co.uk/ for a more in depth explanation of my experiences/work.
I'm looking for work in the following areas:
Client Side development
PHP/MySQL development (OOP & Procedural)
Linux server support*:
- Installing/upgrading services
- Implementing firewall security
- Custom MTA filters & SPAM filters
- Full remote VDS or dedicated server setup
Because I already work full-time during the day I offer very low quotes on freelance work.
*Linux server administration is not something I have freelanced in before but I do have the skills to do this. Most companies charge an extorsianate amount for such services. I'd do this for as little as £10 GBP/hour (no kidding ).
No advance deposit made on server work, full payment made upon completion only. 30% deposit to be made on development work, remaining 70% on completion.
I can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by PM on this forum, or by the details stated on my CV.
Many thanks for reading,