Hello! We have an internship opening up at my company that I'd like to offer any designers looking to learn the ropes. This would be a paid internship, however I am not 100% on the hourly rate (as would be negotiated I imagine) - but it would be for a couple days a week.
For legal reasons, I must keep the name discrete, you may contact me for futher details via email or PM. The outline of what you will learn, from the bottom up:
1) How to maintain and run a 6 color (CMYKcyOG) Hi-Fi Grand Format Digital Printer, including maintainence and what have you, then
2) How to produce final products - lamination, application, seaming, etc.
3) Advanced teaching methods in using Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, InDesign, Acrobat
4) Color theory, color science, color calibration, color correction
5) Prepress techniques, postscript technology, rip technology
6) Print Design and advanced techniques in the pre-stated list of industry standard programs
7) Design theory, Design Accessibility (print, people), User Accessibility
8) XHTML, CSS Web Design techniques
9) Macromedia Director and Flash Kiosk designs and tecniques
That's the base, there's little bits here and there -- requirements: you must be in the San Francisco Bay Area, withstand my Creative Direction and teaching, and willing to learn.
Might be the wrong place, but figured maybe there was a local up and coming designer here that would like to learn In a few days I will post on other sites as well. Thanks!