Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
09-05-2007, 10:26 AM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hiring: Senior Programmer for FPS
First things first: This is a full-time, fully paid position that requires relocation to Germany.
But fret not: We encourage applications from non-EU nationals. If you sign a contract, we will organize your visa and work permit for you and your family. You will be fully supported in finding a nice place to stay, organizing health and other insurance as well as a bank account, and you'll be equipped with an extensive survival guide about life in Germany.
Strictly no interns and strictly no freelancers, please!
More about us at: http://www.aconygames.com/
The Senior programmer is an exceptionally talented, ‘all-rounder’ who has the ability and passion to really ‘own’ and drive key areas of their game’s code-base. In the short term the candidate will be assisting with the PC version of our in development next-gen title. The task could be quite varied depending on the candidates strengths. This project offers various outstanding work including rendering, and optimisation. Long term we are looking for a key member of the game focused team.
- Design, define and develop the next generation of multiplayer internet gameplay, on top of multiple platforms
- Provide hands-on technical expertise to define and develop networked simulation techniques and to have a direct impact on leading edge multiplayer action gameplay
- Collaborate with senior designers to define state-of-the-art internet gameplay, robust multiplayer technologies and to drive adoption for next generation action adventure game titles
- Interact closely with designers, artists, and animators to bring the vision of the game to life
- Co-develop tools with artists, animators, designers and our core programming staff
- Reliably create good quality, performance-minded code
- Follow the task list and schedule for responsible work
- Assist in the sharing of ideas and exploration of new practices to continually improve the quality of game development within the company
- Maintain a professional attitude during all stages of development
- Excel as a team member and strive to maximize team and departmental performance
- Strong background in Math
- Clear understanding and appreciation of schedules and milestones
- Passion for making and playing innovative games
- Must have proven track record/shipped titles, preferably multiplayer FPS
- Fluency in English
- Excellent C++ Skills
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Team player
- High flexibility and eager to learn new methodologies
- Ability to make accurate estimates on design and implementation of systems programming tasks.
- A passion for games, attention to detail and a desire to create outstanding gaming experiences
- Enjoy working across multiple disciplines
- Cross platform development experience
- Shader language familiarity (HLSL, Cg)
- Any experience working with common middleware packages
- Network/Physics/Graphics game programming experience
- Experience with Unreal script language
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last edited by Acony; 09-06-2007 at 05:32 PM.