Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
05-16-2007, 02:21 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2007
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hiring full-time web developer in Santa Cruz, CA
Please apply on-line at Plantronics.com.
Plantronics, Inc. introduced the first lightweight communications headset in 1962. Today we are the world's leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lightweight communications headset products.
Our headsets are widely used in many Fortune 500 corporations and have been featured in numerous films and high profile events, including the historic "One small step for man" transmission from the moon in 1969.
We also offer mobile headsets to address the cordless and mobile phone market, next-generation computer audio headset products for computer applications and corded and cordless headsets and systems for the office, small office/home office and contact centers.
As a publicly held company (NYSE: PLT), we are headquartered in Santa Cruz, California with offices in 20 countries, including major facilities in Mexico, China Tennessee, England and The Netherlands. Our products are sold and supported through a worldwide network of authorized Plantronics partners, and are available through retail and consumer electronics stores.
In 1969, with his first step off of the lunar lander, Neil Armstrong, transmitted "Thats one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind" with a Plantronics headset. Since then weve made several giant leaps as a company. ’’
We would love for you to show us your resume. This one small step for you can be one giant leap for your career!
The Web Developer position will provide technical development and administrative support to major e-business and online B2B initiatives. The primary focus of this position will be placed on the Plantronics viral user-generated content site, channel marketing and partner focused microsites, online customer and partner relationship management systems, and web content management systems.
The Web Developer will be responsible for:
· Maintenance of the Plantronics viral website including monitoring and reviewing all incoming user submitted videos and ideas.
· Development and support of new areas within the viral website.
· Ongoing maintenance and support of the Plantronics "Sound Coach" mobile sales training microsite.
· Support the integration of web based customer and partner data into the Salesforce.com CRM/PRM solution as it applies to plantronics.com and it's various microsites.
· Handle ongoing web requests on a day-to-day basis as they are related to the above marketing initiatives.
· Development and support of new content management templates and workflows using Interwoven Teamsite.
· Creation of new reports and ongoing monitoring of web based analytics (WebTrends) throughout various plantronics.com microsites and online marketing initiatives.
The Ideal candidate:
The Web Developer will be an intelligent, competent individual with integrity and accountability. He/she will be highly adaptive, excellent problem-solver, self-starter, motivated and attracted to challenging opportunities within a rapidly growing environment. He/she will posses strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail. He/she will have strong interpersonal skills
· Previous experience working within a marketing driven organization is highly desirable.
· Experience with user generated content Web 2.0 driven websites is highly desirable“”
· Experience working with web analytics software is highly desired.
· Fundamental to advanced knowledge of Flash and ActionScript is highly desirable.
· Fundamental to advanced experience with the Java programming language is a plus.
· Demonstrated ability in the following applications: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/ImageReady, Illustrator) & Adobe Flash, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
· 1+ years working within a marketing driven organization is required
· 2+ years experience working with cross-browser compatibility issues and understanding of browser events and the DOM is required
· 2+ years intermediate to advanced Perl and/or PHP programming experience is required
· 1+ years experience with database related web applications is required
· 1+ years intermediate to advanced experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is required
Plantronics is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
To all recruitment agencies: Plantronics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Plantronics employees or any other company location. Plantronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Req # 6331S040502