Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Uploading to Server.
12-05-2002, 11:52 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2002
- Calgary, AB
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Uploading to Server.
Okay my domain hostest supports MySQL.
Will I have to upload the MySQL program to the servers? Or should he already have it on his servers?
Now a few other questions
1. How do I sign up for a MySQL account? Someone on another forum told me I needed to set up an account before he could help me set up my 'forum'.
2. Does it cost money to set up an account?
12-06-2002, 01:24 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jun 2002
- Winona, MN - The land of 10,000 lakes
- Thanked 45 Times in 42 Posts
Generally, when a host says they "support" mySQL, they already have it installed. As far as how to "set up an account", I assume you mean create a DB.
Hopefully, they have phpMyAdmin istalled. This makes the process easier for a newbie. If they don't you'll have to login to the server (ssh / telnet) and set up a DB from the command line. Find out what your host offers, let us know, and we'll help you set up a DB.
Hope this helps.