1) Project Details: I have an (American) football history site for a specific team that I've been running since 2005 and I have gotten to the point that I need everything to be more efficient.
I feel pretty confident working with WordPress, but It's important that whoever takes on the project knows their way around Wordpress - especially with Taxonomy as it seems the best way to accomplish everything. If you disagree I'm open to other ideas though.
My site: Main Page
The menu (red) bar shows the main sections of my site (except the blog) which have been coded individually to work with my database which I update using myphpadmin. Please look at those sections and notice that they are sometimes 2 or 3 levels deep. These are dynamic pages using mod_rewrite.
Overview of what I need done.
1. create an easier way to update the database from either within or outside wordpress. Hopefully within as long as it's something that will not conflict with updating wordpress in the future.
2. integrate the pages into wordpress (if there is a way to keep the current url structure it would be preferred, but not required)
When I say integrate I mean I would like to be able to edit these pages as if they were a page or post within wordpress. A couple functions I'm looking for particularly are the built in text editor and the option to allow comments by site members. Of course some of the information on each page will be dynamically updated using the information from the sql database - I'm not sure how this will be pulled off, which is why I'm looking for help. some of these features are discussed in this post on wordpress.org: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/329967?replies=7
Along with the integration I would like to add a some functionality to the new pages by adding them to the Taxonomy api built into wordpress or mimic it to work the same. This would work like adding a tag to a post within the blog. I would like there to be a box "opponents" "Players" "Coaches" "Seasons" that can be added to a post just as tags are added. If You're not familiar with Custom Taxonomy - Here is an interesting - A Movie Database. What I'm wanting would work very similar except when you click on one it wouldn't just show a list of each post, but also the individual information about that player, coach, etc.
3. I would like to add a roster management system that will function similar to the NY Jets roster.
4. And finally, the stats section of my site is completely static hand entered and I would like to convert that to a sql database so they work together with the player, season, game pages.
2) Payment Amount: Quote a price - $500?
3) Payment method/ details: Paypal - we can discuss terms