Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
01-28-2011, 08:04 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On-Site Full Stack Developer needed!
Full Stack Developer
Company:Howcast Media - http://www.howcast.com/
Location: 39 Stillman Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Led by a senior management team including Google and YouTube veterans with deep roots in traditional and new media as well as technology, Howcast has offices in San Francisco and New York. Known for high-quality content, Howcast streams tens of millions of videos every month across its multi-platform distribution network. Approaching two million downloads across iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry phones, Howcast is the #1 mobile app for instructional content -- wherever you are.
Howcast's engineering team practices a casual, agile development methodology. We have daily stand-up, pair program, and usually release on a weekly basis. But we're never dogmatic: We believe flexibility is key to our success. Sometimes pairing isn't the best approach, and sometimes itÕs best to release every other week. We keep our work schedules sustainable, and do our best to plan releases so that we're always fresh as daisies, ready and able to make smart decisions. We also take having fun in the office very seriously. Ping-pong, the imbibing of brewed malt beverages, building our own cornhole boards -- we promise, you'll like us.
Additionally, you'll collaborate with a crack team of Rails programmers on apps that create and distribute instructional content. We're building tools to solve some pretty fascinating, challenging problems, such as how to determine which how-to topics to produce, how to make video creation easier, and how get eyeballs on the videos once they're live. Whether you're interested in high-traffic, consumer-facing sites or the gritty details of our back-end infrastructure, we've got a plethora of projects ready for you. Regardless of what you're working on, you'll always be deeply involved in the decisions that shape all our products.
What we're looking for:
* Has worked on at least one production, high-traffic web application.
* Proficiency with cross-browser CSS and HTML.
* Understanding of scaling techniques such as caching, database query optimization, and asynchronous/background job queues.
Bonus Points if you:
* Have Rails experience.
* Have deep knowledgeable with HTTP (eg. when to use what response codes, how cache headers work, etc.).
* Have experience with any NoSQL database.
* Have deployed apps to the cloud (Amazon, Rackspace, Heroku, etc.).
* Know a non-Rails Ruby web framework, especially Sinatra.
* Have extensive experience with *nix.
* Test first. Mega points for RSpec and/or Cucumber.
How to Apply:
* Captain Recruiter will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* To apply, click below.
01-28-2011, 08:10 PM #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
- Utah, USA, Northwestern hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Alpha Quadrant
- Thanked 637 Times in 625 Posts
I'm sorry to reply on your thread and muddy it up with this, but I just have to say...
If I were single, 15 years younger, less "rooted", I'd be buying plane tickets to SF right now for just a shot at this gig.
Sorry again, I'll get out of your way... good luck in your search!