Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
08-04-2009, 10:33 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Web Form Data Merge To Printable PDF
1) Project Details (be as specific as possible): We are in the process of building a website where the website user will need to customize existing PDF documents and submit for printing. The workflow will be like this:
1) User selects desired item.
2) User enters form data. (name, phone, etc.; will vary with different items)
3) User views preview of customized document. Prefer this be an image displayed on the web page rather than launching a PDF.
4) User can either go back to edit their info or submit for production.
5) User data is merged with hi-resolution press quality PDF.
6) Final PDF is emailed to user and print supplier.
We will create the entire website including the basic forms and all PDF documents. We need a programmer to handle all the functional aspects of previewing, generating & emailing the final PDFs.
2) Payment Amount: Quote Requested
3) Payment method/ details (Paypal, check? Timeline?): PayPal 50% deposit; balance on completion
4) Additional Info (about project or potential bidders): I believe we can achieve this with PDFlib, but I am open to suggestions. In case it matters, we are hosting this website on our Rackspace server running Red Hat Linux.
08-05-2009, 03:45 AM #2
- Join Date
- Jun 2002
- Winona, MN - The land of 10,000 lakes
- Thanked 45 Times in 42 Posts
I'm interested in this project, but one question I have is related to images. Do you know if the user will be uploading any images to be incorporated into the site? And what types of assumptions can be made about those images?
For example, if people are uploading 72dpi quality .jpegs to be pulled into the pdf, that's not going to give them a "press quality" on the images.
Also, can it be assumed that the user will make and upload the images to the correct size / format?