Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    New Coder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question No errors being generated and yet nothing happening

    Hi,

    I was working on some code a few days ago and did a number of things at a time which broke one bit. At the time I left it to come back to and now can't get the code to work again.

    I have a picture which when clicked on opens up more options, but currently nothing happens, and nothing is currently coming up in the Firefox JS console.

    My page is here: www.flics-jewellery.co.uk/redesign

    If someone could take a look at it and point me in the right direction I would much appreciate it!

    Also, if you look at the code you will notice that the picture preloads are commented out. That is because they also broke the menu, even when it was working. Anyone know why?

    Again, many thanks for any help

    Flic

  • #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    664
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 84 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flic View Post
    Hi,

    I was working on some code a few days ago and did a number of things at a time which broke one bit. At the time I left it to come back to and now can't get the code to work again.

    I have a picture which when clicked on opens up more options, but currently nothing happens, and nothing is currently coming up in the Firefox JS console.

    My page is here: www.flics-jewellery.co.uk/redesign
    I don't know all the permutations, but if a div is styled initially display:none via a class as opposed to inline, its display cannot be restored using:
    Code:
    document.getElementById('elementID').style.display='';
    
    /*Instead use*/
    
    document.getElementById('elementID').style.display='block';

  • #3
    New Coder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arty Effem View Post
    Code:
    document.getElementById('elementID').style.display='';
    
    /*Instead use*/
    
    document.getElementById('elementID').style.display='block';
    Thats got that working thank you!

    Still doesn't work when the preloading of the images is uncommented though.

    Anyone got any ideas about that?

    Thanks!

  • #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    664
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 84 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flic View Post
    Thats got that working thank you!

    Still doesn't work when the preloading of the images is uncommented though.

    Anyone got any ideas about that?
    Its an indicated syntax error. Change all occurences of fjp-logo to something like fjp_logo

  • #5
    New Coder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Excellent! Thank you again


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •