Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
09-25-2006, 04:17 AM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The problem is that I can get a popup loading message to display, but only after user has been waiting with a blank screen for too long.
I have tried without success several suggested scripts to display a “Loading … please wait” message. Currently I have the following:
At line 7 of file :
MyPopup is the loading “Please wait – message”
var theURL = 'Loading_message_popup.html';
var width = 700;
var height =300;
MyPopup = window.open('Loading_message_popup.html','newWindow','toolbar=no,menubar=no,resizable=no,scrollbars= no,status=no,location=no,width='+width+',height='+height);
Then follows the remaining 6500 lines of the script. The popup only displays after a long time waiting with a white screen at dialup speed using IE browser.
I am starting to wonder, because of the size of the script file involved, if there is any way I can get a popup message to display while the script is being sent from the server. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions, or alternative ways to display a popup while a large script file is downloading.
09-25-2006, 04:42 AM #2
- Join Date
- Sep 2005
- Sydney, Australia
- Thanked 624 Times in 614 Posts
1. Popup blockers will block the popup from appearing as it is not being created from a user action.
2. HTML-protector is a waste of money. The decrypted source can easily be obtained by either saving the page with Netscape 7.0 or using a view source userscript.
3. 80k is a huge web page (that will lose 50% of visitors before it loads), your page is so large you are losing 99.9999999% of your visitors before the page finishes loading.