Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    onclick/onmousedown cross browser issue

    I'm having trouble with my menu along the top of the page at http://www.rosscummings.f2s.com/test.htm

    I compiled a horizontal menu in macromedia fireworks/dreamweaver and each tab correctly loads the required page (or page refs, as not all links have content yet) into the iframe below it. However, when each tab is clicked it should come to the front and change colour. This all works great in Netscape but only almost works in explorer.

    I changed to initial onclick command to onmousedown which now works slightly better in explorer (all still great in Netscape) in that the tab is highlighted and moves to the front when the mouse click is down. However it still pops back to another tab afterwards despite then holding the originally requested page of the clicked tab in the iframe.

    So basically the menu executes pages correctly in both browsers when the tabs are clicked but in explorer the menu keeps resetting itself graphically. You can "fool" it into holding the correct tab gaphically if you hold down the mouse button on the tab you want and don't release it until away from the menu if this helps

    I'm stumped, any suggestions much appreciated,
    Thanks

  • #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,620
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't have an answer to your problem but I followed your link from here and using IE6, your page locked up my browser and I had to end the process thru my task manager and it closed all of my open windows with it....

    .....Willy

    BTW: Did you take the advise which was previously offered and validate your page?
    Perhaps if you did, you may find an obvious reason why your page locked up my browser and someone else would not suffer the same fate as I did, losing the work I had open...
    Last edited by Willy Duitt; 08-23-2004 at 04:54 PM.

  • #3
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,315
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Well, I disabled Javascript and went in. It looks like it was the Java applet that locked your system Willy (I also have Java disabled), because the Javascript is the classic Dreamweaver rollover rubbish. I had the following errors in my Javascript Console
    Code:
    Warning: reference to undefined property d.MM_p
    Source File: http://www.rosscummings.f2s.com/test.htm
    Line: 11
    
    Warning: deprecated arguments usage
    Source File: http://www.rosscummings.f2s.com/test.htm
    Line: 12
    There are good ways to do rollovers. Dreamweavers method isn't one of them. Do a search in these forums for rollovers and read what resources people have linked to.


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •