Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
03-15-2013, 10:01 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2010
- Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Help on understanding and usign the JVectorMap
For my upcoming website, I would like to implement the JVectorMap by Kirill Lebedev. You can visit their website for the JVectorMap here; http://jvectormap.com/
Alike Google Maps showing more content when you zoom into an area, I would like to implement the same to this map. For this, I have two theories on how to accomplish this;
- When you click on an area, a container elsewhere, either positioned to the bottom or to the side of the map will show some options to focus in on this location.
- When you click on the map it focuses in on the location.
For this, unless it can be done differently, I would plan for the event of showing the more detailed area, for example; If you go to America, it would then be split up into states, it does a tab switch, so although it looks like the same map, it's actually a new one.
Some of the things I would like to do, have not been split up into sections, alike city boarders, of which I need to know how to do as I just don't understand how to implement a new map to the JVectorMap.
So to summarize, I would like help on;
- Are both ideas good to use, on click to show a new location or having options in a seperate container to show a different map, so another words; Two tabswitches (one is for the container showing different things for different countries and the other to show different maps) and the onclick to simply show a different map
- How can I add links to these sections, add on click events?
- How do I make a new map, if I have a map in Photoshop for example, where do I go from there?
Thank you for any help and/or advice.