Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    IE8: page only loads properly somtimes.

    So I am having a bit of a weird issue.

    I am trying to make a webpage compatible with IE8 and it's quite painful. The page works great in firefox and chrome, but in IE8 it only loads some of the time. About 60% of the time the page loads and executes properly, but the other 40% of the time it looks like it hits an error somewhere and doesn't finish loading.

    I have tried using the IE error console / debugger (by pressing F12), but I can't seem to find any information about why the page isn't loading properly.

    The page that I am working on is located here: http://tinyurl.com/89anxbd

    The page uses an SVG based UI, and in order to make this compatible with <= IE8 I am using SVGWeb to render the SVG code as flash for IE8 users. For Firefox, and other browser-compliant users the SVG code is rendered natively in the browser.

    Here is an image of what the page should look like (when it does load correctly in IE8):



    Here is an image of what the page looks like when it fails to load:



    It is like the page defines the circle elements for the various cities, but has not yet rendered the provinces (which are defined above the cities in the HTML body), but I'm not 100% sure on this.

    Any help is much appreciated!

  • #2
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I ended up figuring out a solution to this, had to add the following code to my page:

    Code:
    <script>
    window.onsvgload = function()
    {
    	validPage = true;
    	refresh();
    }
    </script>


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •