Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip M View Post
    Not offhand. I waste as little time as possible on you.
    I'll take that as a "No because there aren't any" then to

    Can you post a link to a post where you say I said that.
    Last edited by Mishu; 04-01-2012 at 09:53 AM.

  2. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
    to the OP:

    If you really want ordinal numbers, you don't need to use an array because it's a messy way of doing it for the reasons I posted before. There are lots of examples on google - pick one

    This is the function I have been using for ages now. Just call it in the example I posted wherever you want an ordinal number.

    Code:
                    
                    function getOrdinalNumber(n) {
                        var s=["th","st","nd","rd"],
                        v=n%100;
                        return n+(s[(v-20)%10]||s[v]||s[0]);
                    }
    Last edited by Mishu; 04-01-2012 at 10:08 AM.

  3. #18
    Supreme Master coder! Philip M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    18,013
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 2,516 Posts
    HungryChapstick - just ignore the guy. That post is stupidly inappropriate. He knows perfectly well that you could not submit that code as your student homework, nor even explain it probably, and is only trying to show off how amazingly clever he is, and increase his post count (he has a lot of leeway to make up after being banned from the forum so often).

    I expect he will retort with some jejeune rubbish like "I think the OP can decide for him/her self if the example I posted is correct, useful or whatever to them."

    All the code given in this post has been tested and is intended to address the question asked.
    Unless stated otherwise it is not just a demonstration.

  4. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip M View Post
    I expect he will retort with some jejeune rubbish like "I think the OP can decide for him/her self if the example I posted is correct, useful or whatever to them."
    I don't have to. You did it for me with the red bit
    Last edited by Mishu; 04-01-2012 at 12:07 PM.

  5. #20
    Supreme Master coder! Philip M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    18,013
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 2,516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishu View Post
    I don't have to. You did it for me
    Glad that you agree that it is jejeune rubbish!

    All the code given in this post has been tested and is intended to address the question asked.
    Unless stated otherwise it is not just a demonstration.

  6. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip M View Post
    Glad that you agree that it is jejeune rubbish!
    Let's see if the moderators agree with you.

    I agree only with my original quote, that's why I highlighted it in red

    Quote Originally Posted by Mishu View Post
    I think the op can decide for him/her self if the example I posted is correct, useful or whatever to them. I doubt they need you to decide for them
    Last edited by Mishu; 04-01-2012 at 01:03 PM.

  7. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip M View Post
    HungryChapstick - just ignore the guy. That post is stupidly inappropriate.
    Then how come the mods haven't removed any of my posts?

    It's probably because they don't agree with you.
    Last edited by Mishu; 04-02-2012 at 02:25 AM.

  8. #23
    Supreme Master coder! Philip M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    18,013
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 2,516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishu View Post
    Then how come the mods haven't removed any of my posts?

    It's probably because they don't agree with you.
    Mods do not remove posts that are merely incorrect or even silly. They only remove posts which are insulting or abusive - as you yourself know well from long experience of being banned for exactly that.

    Perhaps the mods have not removed any of my posts because they do agree with me!

    All the code given in this post has been tested and is intended to address the question asked.
    Unless stated otherwise it is not just a demonstration.

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip M View Post
    Mods do not remove posts that are merely incorrect or even silly.
    The example code I posted is neither.

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip M View Post
    Perhaps the mods have not removed any of my posts because they do agree with me!
    If the mods are happy with your posts. I have no probs with that. But I can't be forced to agree with what you say though
    Last edited by Mishu; 04-02-2012 at 08:09 AM.

  10. #25
    Supreme Master coder! Philip M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    18,013
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 2,516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishu View Post
    The example code I posted is neither.

    If the mods are happy with your posts. I have no probs with that. But I can't be forced to agree with what you say though
    Snap!

    All the code given in this post has been tested and is intended to address the question asked.
    Unless stated otherwise it is not just a demonstration.

  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip M View Post
    Snap!
    good to see we agree on something finally


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •