Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
10-11-2011, 07:49 AM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
encodeURIComponent behaves differently in browsers for china as location
i have an interesting problem in hand that involves chinese..
i use google custom search and append searched keywords as below..
- results in chrome and internet explorer for 搜索 are proper but in firefox no results appear..
- in chrome and internet explorer, url created is http://search.xyz.com/search/cn/zh#%E6%90%9C%E7%B4%A2
- in firefox, url created is http://search.xyz.com/search/cn/zh#%u641C%u7D22
- in chrome and internet explorer, search box that appears in the result page has value æç´¢
- in firefox, search box that appears in the result page has value 搜索
- in all three browsers, if i search with any valid chinese words, no result appear..
i do include below elements in the file..
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="zh-CN" />
now how do i show 搜索 in search box in result page of chrome and internet explorer and also achieve the search with valid chinese words..
highly appreciate your help..