Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Pathfinding Robot
01-18-2011, 04:26 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey there codingForums!
I have been given a piece of coursework and before I go wandering off on my own and messing things up I figured I should best start with a forum of experts.
- The requirements for the program are to have a "Robot" that moves from one location to another read in from a file, on a 20x20 grid.
- It can only move forward and turn to look in the directions of NORTH, EAST, SOUTH, WEST.
- There are also landmarks stored in another file, record the ones I pass over
- Then print out how far the robot moved.
Upgrades (Not necessary for a pass)
- Graphics using swing.
- Being able to rotate in any direction of 360 degrees.
- Still print out how far the robot moved but now it's not as simple as I'd need to use trig. now.
I am a big newbie to programming as a whole, only the basic things I have done through uni I know and I would like any input you guys could give me on how best to start this bad boy of an assignment.
01-18-2011, 04:46 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jun 2002
- London, England
- Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,653 Posts
Please see forum rule 1.5. We will not do your homework/assignment for you, but if you make as substantial effort yourself then I am sure that people will help you correct/improve it.
All advice is supplied packaged by intellectual weight, and not by volume. Contents may settle slightly in transit.
01-18-2011, 07:02 PM #3Graphics using swing
So you aren't even posting in the right forum.