Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    mouseover problem with IE

    Hi All,

    I'm having an apparent browser related problem on this page
    http://www.wmlabyrinths.com/galleries.shtml
    All works fine w/ Firefox v3.0.11 but some problems w/ Explorer

    There are several photo arrays using on mouseover to change the large image to match the thumbnail. There are several of these arrays scattered over the other pages which work fine in both browsers and I've been using this code routinely on other sites with no problems.

    On this page, however, the client pointed out that the Maypole, Shuffle, Teaching and Other Labyrinth arrays were not displaying the large photo properly - it would change the image but wouldn't show it at its full size. I checked in Firefox and all was fine but in IE 6.0.2900 (etc) I had a different problem than she described - the images don't change at all on those same arrays. I scrutinized the source long enough to go cross-eyed looking for some errant code but I can't see it.

    Not sure which browsers the other viewers are using and haven't had Safari handy since this came up. Anyone that has a sharper eye for a pilot error or can shed some light on the browser issue?

    Thanks,

    mr johnson

  • #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    not found
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 53 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr johnson View Post
    Hi All,


    On this page, however, the client pointed out that the Maypole, Shuffle, Teaching and Other Labyrinth arrays were not displaying the large photo properly
    You have used 'maypole' as an identifer for two elements, and IE is picking up the wrong one, since it does that.

  • #3
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi randomuser773

    That was my first thought and as I mentioned, I looked at the source carefully but could not see a place where I used an id in the wrong element. Maybe I'm going cross-eyed.

    I revealed source on the webpage (not my local copy) and searched for each of the IDs. All appear to be in the correct place. If I'm misreading it somehow, I'd be delighted to know where. Can you point it out?

    Thanks

    mr johnson

  • #4
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK,

    replying to randomuser773 for the second time...

    You were right about the "You have used 'maypole' as an identifer for two elements,"
    But what was unclear was the the 2nd element was NOT a picture ID, it was apparently a bookmark link that used "maypole" and similarly for the other problem arrays. Changing the element IDs to things that were dissimilar to the bookmarks - <a name="maypole"></a> fixed it.

    Thanks for juggling the synapses.

    mr johnson


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •