Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
01-09-2017, 02:37 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2017
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Google Sheets: Auto fill the first cell in a row based on crteria
I'm new to JS and having trouble writing a custom function. Here are the details:
1) I have a Google Sheet that contains 6 columns.
2) Users enter an ID number in Column A and then make selection from drop downs across columns B - F.
3) In some cases, the user may need to choose multiple values in columns B - F related to the same ID.
4) To accomplish this, I thought the user can begin by entering the ID in column A across the first empty row. Next, the user populates B-F by making selections from the drop downs.
5) Here's the tricky part, if another value needs to be selected across rows B- F, I thought the user could simply make additional selections from the drop downs across the next open row. However, when user does this I want to auto-populate column A with the same ID number. See link below for sample sheet. The values shown in yellow need to auto populate because one or more value exists across columns B - F.
Thanks for any assistance with this.