2) Next time place your code in [ code][ /code] tags and don't number your lines.
3) You can combine your variable declarations to:
4) Your result will not equal 12.5 because result is an int, not a double. I forget whether that throws an error or if it floors the value, you'll want to check that out yourself.
5) "\" is the syntax error, not the logic error. Your logic error is in this line:
The red evaluates to 0 which most compilers won't detect when you compile your code, that's dangerous because it causes a runtime error. Well not dangerous, just bad coding.
number1 = (4 * 6 - 4) / (10 % 4 – 2) ;
6) Modulus (%) is a legitimate Java operator.
7) I'm not doing your homework again for you, that is unless you e-mail me the questions and paypal some cash