Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Posts
    904
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    IE bug with ordered lists

    Earlier today I encountered a bizarre new (at least to me) bug with our good friend Internet Explorer.

    Basically, I had an ordered list with bullets that did not increment. Every list item generated "1." before it.

    Before I try to recreate it for the benefit of y'all, I thought I'd see if anybody has encountered this and knows the issue. I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

  • #2
    Supreme Master coder! _Aerospace_Eng_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In a place far, far away...
    Posts
    19,291
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 1,019 Posts
    hmm nope never had that problem before, any chance of a recreation, could be something else coming into play here

  • #3
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Posts
    904
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what do you mean something *else*? there have been no possible somethings listed yet, thus "else" makes no sense. of course it is *something* coming into play, hence my question.

    i'll try and remember to try to recreate it later...

  • #4
    Supreme Master coder! _Aerospace_Eng_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In a place far, far away...
    Posts
    19,291
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 1,019 Posts
    the else being something as in the actual html code, dont take things too literally

  • #5
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,223
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've seen it before. It does it on the catalogue I wrote for my parents (but they use FF). The list has over 100 items, but I didn't try reducing the items to see if that fixed anything. Just laughed at IE's fumbling over a list object and let it be.

  • #6
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    A Possible Answer To Your Problem...

    Good morning,

    I was running into the same problem, and I ran across your board. Some more digging turned this little gem up.

    From http://www.scss.com.au/family/andrew.../explorertree/

    "Setting a width on list items themselves tends to introduce very severe bugs, including things like missing list markers! I've also seen instances where the numbers on ordered lists didn't increment. The only solution I'm aware of is to never set the width/height of a list item.

    Another critical problem is one where events stop triggering on list bullets. This totally breaks Explorer Tree. It tends to occur when setting a width/height on the list tag (<ul> or <ol>). The easiest workaround I've found (that seems to work) is to enclose the list in a <div> styled with the same width/height."

    It worked for me.

    Hope this helps,
    Flynn


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •