Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wordpress theme is conflicting with carousel css

    Hi I make small changes to a local rugby club's website. I was given a code to add to the header of the website that displays all the match information.

    I tested the code on it's own before adding it to the header of the website and it worked as it should. I linked to the site's css too to make sure that the theme's styles didn't affect the new code.

    I just added the code to the header.php file of the website within Wordpress and it isn't displaying correctly.

    I disabled a few plugins, tested a few things myself, but I can't figure out why it isn't working.

    My website is: www.sprc.com.au and I'm referring to the very top of the page.

    It should behave like this: www.mosmanrugby.com.au

    Unfortunately I can't post any code because it exceeds the max characters for this forum.

    Any help is appreciated. It may not be a css issue at all, but I think that's the first place for me to start.

  • #2
    Regular Coder COBOLdinosaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    369
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    The problem might be related to one of the 298 validation errors.

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

    It is pointless trying to debug to find a conflict, that might or might not exists, while the markup is invalid.
    100% standards compliant code is 100% correct 100% of the time.
    one of my toys from my repository and perhaps some help getting help

    Cd&

  • #3
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've already looked at these errors

    The first error, "Attribute target not allowed on element li at this point."
    is needed for the javascript in the code to work.
    This error is repeated over 100 times. I can't change it.

    The second error is referring to the ampersand in the google maps links. Again, I can't change those and they wouldn't be affecting the css.

    & did not start a character reference. (& probably should have been escaped as &.)
    rk,+Strathfield,+New+South+Wales&hl=en&sll=-33.86955,151.06688&sspn=0.036845,0

  • #4
    Regular Coder COBOLdinosaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    369
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    If you are using third party code that does not generate valid code then you can also expect that it is not robust and probably breaks other things. Trying to fix a page with that many errors is like tap dancing in a minefield.

    You need to either modify the script that is creating the problems, or find an alternative plugin that creates the same effect. I word never expect a page with that many errors to run reliable cross-browser or cross-device.
    100% standards compliant code is 100% correct 100% of the time.
    one of my toys from my repository and perhaps some help getting help

    Cd&


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •