Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Lightbulb Disable right click and copy images

    a code that will disable right click and save images on website even for offline please make sure code works ive had a lot of people playing me around and paid alot please make sure the code works plz inbox me

  • #2
    Senior Coder whizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,662
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 76 Times in 76 Posts
    If you put it on the web, someone can get it. Your best option here is a watermark, which will discourage most people from stealing your image.

    If you disable javascript, then your code to block the right click is useless. Even easier, I can just take a screenshot of your entire page and grab the image out of it.

    HTH
    Dan
    PHP Tip: If you want to use short tags (<? or <?=$var) then make sure short_open_tag is set to "1". It really helps.

    Don't forget to save everyone time and mark your thread as Resolved :)

    "Also note that it is your responsibility to die() if necessary."

    DON'T USE THE MYSQL_ EXTENSION

  • Users who have thanked whizard for this post:

    Website Whixx (07-01-2013)

  • #3
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    but isnt their a code others have it done to their website

  • #4
    Senior Coder whizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,662
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 76 Times in 76 Posts
    Google it! "No right click scripts"

    HTH
    Dan
    PHP Tip: If you want to use short tags (<? or <?=$var) then make sure short_open_tag is set to "1". It really helps.

    Don't forget to save everyone time and mark your thread as Resolved :)

    "Also note that it is your responsibility to die() if necessary."

    DON'T USE THE MYSQL_ EXTENSION

  • #5
    Master Coder felgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,471
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 634 Times in 624 Posts
    Most browsers either disable "no right click" scripts by default or have an option to do so.

    Most such scripts only block one or two of the several dozen ways of copying the files anyway - by the time the images display in the browser the person already has a copy of them on their computer.
    Stephen
    Learn Modern JavaScript - http://javascriptexample.net/
    Helping others to solve their computer problem at http://www.felgall.com/

    Don't forget to start your JavaScript code with "use strict"; which makes it easier to find errors in your code.

  • #6
    Senior Coder whizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,662
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 76 Times in 76 Posts
    Sometimes a placebo is effective :P I tried to reason, but the OP was stoically undeterred from his mission. Security through magic.
    PHP Tip: If you want to use short tags (<? or <?=$var) then make sure short_open_tag is set to "1". It really helps.

    Don't forget to save everyone time and mark your thread as Resolved :)

    "Also note that it is your responsibility to die() if necessary."

    DON'T USE THE MYSQL_ EXTENSION

  • #7
    Master Coder felgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,471
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 634 Times in 624 Posts
    Image thieves don't use right click to steal images anyway as the image they are trying to steal may be in the background behind other images. They would be more likely to either just grab the image directly out of their browser cache or simply take a copy of the entire page to a separate folder where it is easier to work out which image is which.

    The only people who use right click are those who use it in place of the menus that would have been at the top of their browser if they hadn't turned them off.
    Stephen
    Learn Modern JavaScript - http://javascriptexample.net/
    Helping others to solve their computer problem at http://www.felgall.com/

    Don't forget to start your JavaScript code with "use strict"; which makes it easier to find errors in your code.

  • #8
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    327
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 35 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Website Whixx View Post
    a code that will disable right click and save images on website even for offline please make sure code works ive had a lot of people playing me around and paid alot please make sure the code works plz inbox me
    Utterly and totally useless. I know 4 ways to work around a no right click script. Waste of time and effort.
    Frank

    How to: Target IE in, Position in, Center in, Create a Fixed ('Sticky') Footer with, and Create a Drop-Down/Fly-Out Menu with CSS: Website Laten Maken Amsterdam.

  • #9
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    can anyone get the code then please

  • #10
    Senior Coder whizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,662
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 76 Times in 76 Posts
    There are a million such codes to be had via Google.

    HTH
    Dan
    PHP Tip: If you want to use short tags (<? or <?=$var) then make sure short_open_tag is set to "1". It really helps.

    Don't forget to save everyone time and mark your thread as Resolved :)

    "Also note that it is your responsibility to die() if necessary."

    DON'T USE THE MYSQL_ EXTENSION

  • #11
    The fat guy next door VIPStephan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Halle (Saale), Germany
    Posts
    8,479
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 981 Times in 954 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Website Whixx View Post
    can anyone get the code then please
    What don’t you understand by
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Utterly and totally useless.
    ?

    It’s not possible. Period. Stop asking, it’s not worth the time and effort. People will always get around it if they want. Get along with it. If you don’t want your images to be downloaded then don’t put them on the internet.

  • #12
    Master Coder felgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,471
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 634 Times in 624 Posts
    There is only one way that works 99% of the time - shred all physical copies of the images and then burn them. Get all of the hard drives that contain digital copies of the image and smash them into very small pieces. Anything less than that and it will be possible for someone to steal your images no matter what else you do.

    If your image ever gets onto the internet then it is too late to prevent it from being stolen by as many people as decide they want it in the future even if you delete it.
    Stephen
    Learn Modern JavaScript - http://javascriptexample.net/
    Helping others to solve their computer problem at http://www.felgall.com/

    Don't forget to start your JavaScript code with "use strict"; which makes it easier to find errors in your code.

  • #13
    Senior Coder Arbitrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splendora, Texas, United States of America
    Posts
    3,274
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 271 Times in 265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Utterly and totally useless. I know 4 ways to work around a no right click script. Waste of time and effort.
    Let's see:
    1. Drag the image from the page onto the desktop.
    2. Drag the image into the address bar.
    3. Drag the image into a Google search bar. The URL will be shown on the resulting page. (Allows you to get the URL without accessing it or, in some cases, immediately use it to perform a Google Images search by clicking Images at the top of the page.)
    4. Save Page As with all resources included and grab the image from the folder.
    5. Keyboard shortcut to view source to get the URL.
    6. Menu shortcut to view source to get the URL.
    7. View the DOM using the browser's built-in developer tools to get the URL.
    8. Disable JavaScript so that you can right-click to Save As (assuming the image doesn't require a script to be displayed in the first place).
    9. Grab the image from the cache (in browsers with transparent storage mechanisms, like Internet Explorer).
    10. Make a browser extension customized to the page/site. (I've done this to automatically remove clear images placed over graphics and to convert images displayed as CSS background images into img and a elements so that they can be more easily saved.)

    Did I miss any? Who's ready to write that no right-click script?
    For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

  • #14
    Master Coder felgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,471
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 634 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrator View Post
    Let's see:
    1. Drag the image from the page onto the desktop.
    2. Drag the image into the address bar.
    3. Drag the image into a Google search bar. The URL will be shown on the resulting page. (Allows you to get the URL without accessing it or, in some cases, immediately use it to perform a Google Images search by clicking Images at the top of the page.)
    4. Save Page As with all resources included and grab the image from the folder.
    5. Keyboard shortcut to view source to get the URL.
    6. Menu shortcut to view source to get the URL.
    7. View the DOM using the browser's built-in developer tools to get the URL.
    8. Disable JavaScript so that you can right-click to Save As (assuming the image doesn't require a script to be displayed in the first place).
    9. Grab the image from the cache (in browsers with transparent storage mechanisms, like Internet Explorer).
    10. Make a browser extension customized to the page/site. (I've done this to automatically remove clear images placed over graphics and to convert images displayed as CSS background images into img and a elements so that they can be more easily saved.)

    Did I miss any? Who's ready to write that no right-click script?
    You missed several times as many as you included. There are so many ways to get the images that it isn't worth listing them all.

    A few of obvious ones you missed:

    - simply right click and save the image (when using a browser where the default setting disables 'no right click' scripts.
    - change the browser setting to disable 'no right click' scripts then right click
    - install a 'disable no right click scripts' bookmarklet, run that for the page then right click
    - type the following disable command directly into the address bar and then right click

    Code:
    javascript:void(document.onmousedown=null);void(document.onclick=null);void(document.oncontextmenu=null)
    Stephen
    Learn Modern JavaScript - http://javascriptexample.net/
    Helping others to solve their computer problem at http://www.felgall.com/

    Don't forget to start your JavaScript code with "use strict"; which makes it easier to find errors in your code.

  • #15
    Senior Coder Arbitrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splendora, Texas, United States of America
    Posts
    3,274
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 271 Times in 265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post
    You missed several times as many as you included. There are so many ways to get the images that it isn't worth listing them all.
    I don't know about that. Maybe I should start a new Tumblr. It can be called All Your Image Are Belong to Us.

    Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post
    A few of obvious ones you missed:

    - simply right click and save the image (when using a browser where the default setting disables 'no right click' scripts.
    - change the browser setting to disable 'no right click' scripts then right click
    I considered these two, but since I didn't see those defaults/options in any of the release versions of Chrome, Firefox, IE, or Opera, I decided to leave them out. I know the latter was in older versions of Opera and, I think, Firefox, but the options don't seem to be there now. Apparently, they decided less is more.
    For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.


  •  

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •