Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
11-21-2011, 08:09 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Making page adapt to monitor resolution
I have a to make web page containing 2 columns. This is done.
Now what I would like to insert in the code is something like this:
The 2 columns should be full screen on any resolutions. Something like the page would adapt to the monitor resolution.
The percent would be 80% for the first column 20% for the second one.
What I don't know - is how to do that. Would a table resolve this problem?
What would be the code for this?
Suggestion are well appreciated.
11-21-2011, 08:59 PM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- Thanked 270 Times in 269 Posts
You've already got your two columns, presumably they're two divs? All you should need to do is set the widths of those divs, one to width:80%, the other to width:20%. There might be some other subtleties based on how you wrote the code - we'd need to see it.The percent would be 80% for the first column 20% for the second one.
What I don't know - is how to do that.
Tables are orthogonal to this discussion.Would a table resolve this problem?