Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Scrollbar Issue

  1. #1
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Scrollbar Issue

    Could someone please please help me?

    My site is www.sweet.ie

    I'm trying to get rid of the scrollbars as I want the scrolling to be done as per the JQuery (people keep trying to use the regular scrollbars and telling me theres something wrong with the site).

    If I put overflow:hidden; in the Body style the site doesnt' work in IE 9 and below + Firefox. So i've taken it out and the scrollbars are there

    What do I do? I'm not a crazy programmer, i'm more on the design end of things. Banging head against the wall isn't helping. I did post before when the site wasn't even coming up in IE or PC Firefox and taking out the overflow:hidden worked to get it to show up in all browsers, just these damn scrollbars are wrecking my head now.

    If anyone could help me I would really really appreciate it.

    Thanks so much,

    Aileen
    Last edited by sweetAileen; 06-30-2011 at 12:06 PM.

  • #2
    The Apostate Apostropartheid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 265 Times in 263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetAileen View Post
    Could someone please please help me?

    My site is www.sweet.ie

    I'm trying to get rid of the scrollbars as I want the scrolling to be done as per the JQuery (people keep trying to use the regular scrollbars and telling me theres something wrong with the site).

    If I put overflow:hidden; in the Body style the site doesnt' work in IE 9 and below + Firefox. So i've taken it out and the scrollbars are there

    What do I do? I'm not a crazy programmer, i'm more on the design end of things. Banging head against the wall isn't helping. I did post before when the site wasn't even coming up in IE or PC Firefox and taking out the overflow:hidden worked to get it to show up in all browsers, just these damn scrollbars are wrecking my head now.

    If anyone could help me I would really really appreciate it.

    Thanks so much,

    Aileen
    What scrollbars?

  • #3
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    High Point, NC
    Posts
    3,332
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 363 Times in 360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apostropartheid View Post
    What scrollbars?
    Yes, I too am trying to figure out where the scroll bars are. I can tell you this, in FF 3.6, I dont see scrollbars, but a bit of your page is cut off at the bottom.
    Teed

  • #4
    Senior Coder alykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,662
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 189 Times in 188 Posts
    these scroll bars...
    Thanx again Aileen for response to PM,
    I'm looking into this issue as well but prob wont be able to really give it a go till tomorrow, I am slammed atm and have had a day from -- ... but i wanted to help these guys help u out esp since u got back to me and such
    Last edited by alykins; 07-21-2011 at 12:43 AM.

    I code C hash-tag .Net
    Reference: W3C W3CWiki .Net Lib
    Validate: html CSS
    Debug: Chrome FireFox IE

  • #5
    Senior Coder Rowsdower!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Some say it's everything.
    Posts
    2,027
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 397 Times in 390 Posts
    I see the scroll bars, too.

    Just farting around here, but this worked for me:
    Code:
    #wrap {
    height:800px;
    overflow:hidden;
    top:0;
    width:1022px;
    }
    The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid. G.K. Chesterton
    See Mediocrity in its Infancy
    It's usually a good idea to start out with this at the VERY TOP of your CSS: * {border:0;margin:0;padding:0;}
    Seek and you shall find... basically:
    validate your markup | view your page cross-browser/cross-platform | free web tutorials | free hosting

  • #6
    The Apostate Apostropartheid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 265 Times in 263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alykins View Post
    these scroll bars...
    Thanx again Aileen for response to PM,
    I'm looking into this issue as well but prob wont be able to really give it a go till tomorrow, I am slammed atm and have had a day from -- ... but i wanted to help these guys help u out esp since u got back to me and such
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
    I see the scroll bars, too.

    Just farting around here, but this worked for me:
    Code:
    #wrap {
    height:800px;
    overflow:hidden;
    top:0;
    width:1022px;
    }
    Those were most definitely not there before, and teedoff didn't see them either. Was it somehow fixed and reverted?

  • #7
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    High Point, NC
    Posts
    3,332
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 363 Times in 360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apostropartheid View Post
    These were most definitely not there before. Was it somehow fixed and reverted?
    lol I think the OP went back and changed something, because when I went back to the page there were scroll bars a few minutes later.

    Still, with the current styles, the page is cut off in FF anyway. So there may be other issues you need to address.
    Last edited by teedoff; 07-01-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    Teed


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •