Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    My meta tags have changed ?

    I am up-dating site using the same Dreamweaver programme that I always use but I have noticed that in my current site a couple of tags in the 'head' are different from those in my new up-dated files (which I have not launched yet).

    My current files have:
    Code:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <meta name="verify-v1" content="3oTIDRi+9HXOeVvEYcMebPecXm38rUlY03Tzq0fMxos=" />
    My new files have simply:
    Code:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
    I don't know where the 'meta name verify' comes from (or what it does) as it is not contained within my new Dreamweaver docs' and the charset is different in my new files also ?

    If I publish my new up-dated files without the 'verify' thing and charset=iso-8859-1 instead of utf 8 will this make any difference to anything ?

    Thanks

  • #2
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    High Point, NC
    Posts
    3,335
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 363 Times in 360 Posts
    I think that it has something to do with google sitemaps webtools. How it got there without you're knowing it I dont know. check out this link.

  • #3
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    I think that it has something to do with google sitemaps webtools. How it got there without you're knowing it I dont know. check out this link.
    Ah, actually that was me.... I'd completely forgotten about that. But what about the different charset ?

  • #4
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    High Point, NC
    Posts
    3,335
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 363 Times in 360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webdiv View Post
    Ah, actually that was me.... I'd completely forgotten about that. But what about the different charset ?
    You'd have to research the differences in charsets. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head.

  • #5
    The Apostate Apostropartheid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 265 Times in 263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webdiv View Post
    I am up-dating site using the same Dreamweaver programme that I always use but I have noticed that in my current site a couple of tags in the 'head' are different from those in my new up-dated files (which I have not launched yet).

    My current files have:
    Code:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <meta name="verify-v1" content="3oTIDRi+9HXOeVvEYcMebPecXm38rUlY03Tzq0fMxos=" />
    My new files have simply:
    Code:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
    I don't know where the 'meta name verify' comes from (or what it does) as it is not contained within my new Dreamweaver docs' and the charset is different in my new files also ?

    If I publish my new up-dated files without the 'verify' thing and charset=iso-8859-1 instead of utf 8 will this make any difference to anything ?

    Thanks
    Are you multilingual?

    If the answer is no, it doesn't matter which charset is used.
    If yes, you should use UTF-8.


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •