Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Please help: IE won't push DIV onto new line, keeps squeezing it next to last line. F

    Hiya.

    Let's start with the code: Go to http://www.armygear.net. Click on any search, or Ammo category on the left. In Firefox, the "Also See..." bit appears as it should. But for some reason, IE always squeezes in next to the Newsletter part. I've put in line breaks, wrapped the Also See bit in a div, made it clear:both, set it to display:block, fiddled with every setting I can think of--IE is just being an *** about it.

    Can someone take a look and help me figure out what the problem is? I'm about to pull out my hair over this.

    Thanks.

  • #2
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 82 Times in 80 Posts
    Remove all (3) width=100%" from the table elements in that column.

  • #3
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nope, that didn't do anything for IE, but now FireFox won't display it.

    The really weird bit is, the "best sellers" on the main page has the SAME LAYOUT, and works fine.

    I'm trying to get away from crappy table layouts, but I might have to put the whole column in a damn table at this rate.

  • #4
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK, it's more than just the DIV. I even tried wrapping the whole thing in a table, and it's STILL forcing it next to where it should be. For some reason, though, when I add borders, I can see a bit clearer--it seems the "Subscribe" bit is actually being pushed to the LEFT side of the table cell it should be in. I'm starting to hate IE.

  • #5
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    FIXED.

    Thought it was a problem with IE, people speak of odd glitches all the time.

    Finally just sat down and went through the entire code--the "FORM" started in the results page was never ended (/form), and was bleeding into the form in the right column, which caused issues with IE but not FF.


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •