Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    My page looks good in Safari, but messed up in Firefox

    Now you don't normally see a website's page messed up in Firefox lol.

    Anyways, I have been creating a page for my website and you can see that here - http://www.lilwaynehq.com/rebirth/

    In Safari, it looks perfect, but when you look in Firefox, it looks like this:



    The white background doesn't go right to the bottom.

    I've checked the code and even validated it, but I can't seem to fix the problem.

    Does anyone have any solutions for me?

    Thanks, appreciate it.

  • #2
    Master Coder Excavator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    9,675
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 1,811 Posts
    Hello Danaldinho,
    When your background doesn't extend as far as you think it should it's usually because your floats haven't been cleared.
    In your case, I think it's a cache problem because the white background goes all the way down for me when viewed in FF.
    Validate often DURING development - Use it like a splelchecker | Debug during Development |Write it for FireFox, ignore IE
    Use the right DocType | Validate your markup | Validate your CSS | Why validating is good | Why tables are bad

  • #3
    Master Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,682
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 890 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danaldinho View Post
    Now you don't normally see a website's page messed up in Firefox lol.

    Anyways, I have been creating a page for my website and you can see that here - http://www.lilwaynehq.com/rebirth/

    In Safari, it looks perfect, but when you look in Firefox, it looks like this:



    The white background doesn't go right to the bottom.

    I've checked the code and even validated it, but I can't seem to fix the problem.

    Does anyone have any solutions for me?

    Thanks, appreciate it.
    is not valid:

    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...m%2Frebirth%2F

    look normal for me.
    Edit: as Excavator said probably is a cache problem


    best regard
    Last edited by oesxyl; 12-06-2009 at 10:13 PM.

  • #4
    Master Coder Excavator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    9,675
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 1,811 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danaldinho View Post

    I've checked the code and even validated it, but I can't seem to fix the problem.
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...m%2frebirth%2f

    I did not even check, just took your word for it.
    Validate often DURING development - Use it like a splelchecker | Debug during Development |Write it for FireFox, ignore IE
    Use the right DocType | Validate your markup | Validate your CSS | Why validating is good | Why tables are bad

  • #5
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But if you look at the errors, they are like the &'s are not &'s

  • #6
    Master Coder Excavator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    9,675
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 1,811 Posts
    Does refreshing your cache cure the problem? It still displays correctly on this end.

    You are right, those errors do not seem to have much affect on the display of the site.
    Validate often DURING development - Use it like a splelchecker | Debug during Development |Write it for FireFox, ignore IE
    Use the right DocType | Validate your markup | Validate your CSS | Why validating is good | Why tables are bad

  • #7
    Master Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,682
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 890 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danaldinho View Post
    But if you look at the errors, they are like the &'s are not &'s
    yes, but are errors,
    even if this doesn't seems to affect the page or be the cause of your problem is not ok to let browser to guess what you want.

    best regards

  • #8
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Excavator View Post
    Does refreshing your cache cure the problem? It still displays correctly on this end.

    You are right, those errors do not seem to have much affect on the display of the site.
    Nope, I cleared my cache and the problem still occurs.

  • #9
    Master Coder Excavator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    9,675
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 1,811 Posts
    FF3.5 on the left and IE8 on the right
    Validate often DURING development - Use it like a splelchecker | Debug during Development |Write it for FireFox, ignore IE
    Use the right DocType | Validate your markup | Validate your CSS | Why validating is good | Why tables are bad

  • #10
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Excavator View Post
    FF3.5 on the left and IE8 on the right
    Well that's really weird...

    I'll try at college on Monday to check the computers there.

    Thanks


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •