Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    IE conditional comments

    I am running into a problem in ie6, my site looks like donkey dung.... I have adjusted the layout.css to make the page look good in ie6 and saved it as ie6layout.css. Then I wrote a conditional comment;

    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="layout.css" />
    <style type="text/css" media="all">
    
    <!--[if lte IE 6]>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ie6layout.css" />
    <![endif]-->
    
    </style>
    and tried opening it in ie6 with no results. What am I missing?
    Sorry for all the nooby questions....

  • #2
    Supreme Master coder! _Aerospace_Eng_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In a place far, far away...
    Posts
    19,291
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 1,019 Posts
    Are you using a standalone version of IE6?
    ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

  • #3
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would say probably no. I downloaded and installed the commonly found multi version internet explorer tool.

  • #4
    Supreme Master coder! _Aerospace_Eng_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In a place far, far away...
    Posts
    19,291
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 1,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toothmkr57 View Post
    I would say probably no. I downloaded and installed the commonly found multi version internet explorer tool.
    Then, yes are using a standalone version of IE. Read this

    http://www.positioniseverything.net/...s/multiIE.html

    This assumes you had installed IE7 before you installed multiple IE however the registry hack should work if you happen to install IE7 after you installed multiple IE.
    ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

  • #5
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    While inconvenient, I've found the best way to test multi-ie versions is to download virtual-pc and install another OS with the version of IE you want. It's inconvenient to set up, but you can't go wrong with testing.

  • #6
    Supreme Master coder! _Aerospace_Eng_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In a place far, far away...
    Posts
    19,291
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 1,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Jeans View Post
    While inconvenient, I've found the best way to test multi-ie versions is to download virtual-pc and install another OS with the version of IE you want. It's inconvenient to set up, but you can't go wrong with testing.
    Thats the only option for Vista users.
    ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

  • #7
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by _Aerospace_Eng_ View Post
    Then, yes are using a standalone version of IE. Read this

    http://www.positioniseverything.net/...s/multiIE.html

    This assumes you had installed IE7 before you installed multiple IE however the registry hack should work if you happen to install IE7 after you installed multiple IE.
    Thanks Aerospace that worked splinderiferously

  • #8
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alrighty, I think I jumped the gun here... it worked great for the little test hat was on the sheet but in trialing the site, it doesn't do anything differently, what could I be doing?


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •