Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: RSS Feeds
05-11-2014, 05:15 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2014
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm new to this forum and kinda new to the world of coding and web design. As such, i'm hoping to get get some help with a few queries i have...anything would be greatly appreciated!
This post has to do with RSS feeds (I'm trying to customise my reading experience). My queries are as follows:
1. If there's a particular web site with content that's continually updated (eg/ a news site or a site with a blog) but doesn't provide an RSS feed, is it possible for me to make one for it...without the permission or authorisation of the site's administrator?
2. I've noticed that most web sites, such as news sites, have an RSS feed that broadcasts the entirety of their updated
content. Is there a way for me to categorise this feed according to keywords? For example, if i only wanted the portion of the feed that related to 'sharks', am i able to read the feed in a way that allows me to only have this content displayed (whilst having the rest discarded)?
Thanks in advance for your help?
05-11-2014, 03:41 PM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- Thanked 363 Times in 361 Posts
1. A web site, unless otherwise noted, has a copyright, and as such you are most likely not allowed to re-publish or syndicate its content. The fact that you say "... without permission" would imply that you are not heading in that direction. You may read it yourself, but you may not publish it to others.