Here is what I am looking for and what I am trying to do:
1. What programs do I need to create such a program?
2. How hard is this project going to be? Beginner? Pro?
1. User selects a “keyword” from a list on a drop down menu.
*The first word selected provides the program with which database to use.
Example: User selects “Cat” from the list, the program now knows to use only the cat database from now on.
2. User selects another “keyword” from a list of sub-categories of “Cat.”
*The program is now searching for this word in the “Cat” database but under a different sub-category. The list has been pre-determined and only appears
because the user selected “Cat.”
Example: User selects “Short-Haired” from a list of descriptions of “Cat.”
3. User selects another “keyword” from a list of sub-categories of “Short-Haired”
*The program searches for this word in the “Short-Haired” database.
I know my example is somewhat lacking but it’s the best I can do at this point. Here is an outline of what I am trying to do:
1. Use keywords to pinpoint a database that contains items as closely related to the search words as possible.
2. There will be more than one option for the user’s inputs but I need the program to only display one at the very end.
3. There will be a set number of user inputs.
Any information you guys can throw out would be extremely helpful, I mean absolutely anything. Thanks.