Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Odd behaviour on IE with applet

    I have developed a web site that is a portal for examining messages recived from a number of remote monitoring units. I have an applet on each page that checks for new messages and gives a popup when one is recived.

    This all works in firefox, but in enternet explorer the popup causes all sorts of odd behaviour related to drop down boxes and buttons. When a drop down box that is set to auto submit on change is selected, it returns to the defult value when the page is reloaded. The values in text fields and drop down boxes are lost when the button is clicked.

    If I remove the applet from the page the controls work as expected.

    Is this is a known problem? Does anyone know a workaround? Any help apperitiated.

    Thanks in advance, I hope this is a reasnoble place to put this, I could not see anywhere it would specifically fit.

    Hugh

  • #2
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It has been suggested that I should make my code available for all to see, so here goes.

    My site is at http://205.234.144.63:8080/smsserver/faces/Login.jsp use username test password test32. For example go to the datalogs page. If you use the dropdown list to select TVC Harwell on firefox you get a load of datalogs. On internet explorer when the page reloads the dropdown box is returned to the black option and no datatlogs are returned.

    If I remove the applet from the page it behaves as it should.

    Thanks for any input.

  • #3
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have found the problem. The applet tag was inside the form tag. I moved it outside of that and it solved the problem.


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •