Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Google Adsense

  1. #1
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Google Adsense

    I have a few questions about google ads.
    With the Google adsense Search is it effective? I get around 1000 visits a month on my site and i would like to know with google adsense SEARCH how much i would get from that?

    With google adsense content how much do you basicly get per click of the ad?

    thanks

  • #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    4,058
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 96 Times in 94 Posts
    how much you get is a bit of a black art in itself , per click costs seem to vary depending on factors I don't understand

    1000 visits a month is not going to do much I am afraid... however it costs you nothing to find out~
    resistance is...

    MVC is the current buzz in web application architectures. It comes from event-driven desktop application design and doesn't fit into web application design very well. But luckily nobody really knows what MVC means, so we can call our presentation layer separation mechanism MVC and move on. (Rasmus Lerdorf)

  • #3
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firepages
    how much you get is a bit of a black art in itself , per click costs seem to vary depending on factors I don't understand

    1000 visits a month is not going to do much I am afraid... however it costs you nothing to find out~
    well its always different i just put down as a basis. i usually get 1000-3000

  • #4
    WA
    WA is offline
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,596
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    The rate per click varies wildly depending on the topic of your site, plus a whole bunch of other factors. I don't think anyone can tell how you beforehand how much you can make- best way is just to try it and see. For example, Google Adsense on CF just about covers the server cost, sometimes months more. I could have implemented Google Search as well, but I dislike having to display a Google logo alongside the search box (per their usage terms), so I opted just to use Google's search on CF without the revenue program.
    - George
    - JavaScript Kit- JavaScript tutorials and 400+ scripts!
    - JavaScript Reference- JavaScript reference you can relate to.

  • #5
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WA
    The rate per click varies wildly depending on the topic of your site, plus a whole bunch of other factors. I don't think anyone can tell how you beforehand how much you can make- best way is just to try it and see. For example, Google Adsense on CF just about covers the server cost, sometimes months more. I could have implemented Google Search as well, but I dislike having to display a Google logo alongside the search box (per their usage terms), so I opted just to use Google's search on CF without the revenue program.
    So content ads are also good in a way? I just did the seach box. After registering is there a way of getting content ads? I thought the search box would earn in more money because people are searching on your site and if mulitiple links come up you will earn more money cause they will click on multiple links!

  • #6
    WA
    WA is offline
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,596
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    If you've been accepted into Google Adsense you should be able to put up both content and search ads. It's all accessible within the control panel. I can't say whether content ads are better than search ads, since I haven't tried the later, but again, the best way to find out is give both a try.
    - George
    - JavaScript Kit- JavaScript tutorials and 400+ scripts!
    - JavaScript Reference- JavaScript reference you can relate to.

  • #7
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wa how long did it take them to reply to you?

  • #8
    WA
    WA is offline
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,596
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ausnrl
    Wa how long did it take them to reply to you?
    Hmmm it was quite a long time ago, though I'd say within a couple of days.
    - George
    - JavaScript Kit- JavaScript tutorials and 400+ scripts!
    - JavaScript Reference- JavaScript reference you can relate to.

  • #9
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So WA which is more effective money wise for u image ads or text ads i just wanna no caus i got accepted!

    PS what template did you have to edit to get the ads down the right hand side?
    Last edited by ausnrl; 12-13-2005 at 01:09 AM.

  • #10
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know words that pay up to $60 a click!

    The lowest ones are about 0.13 cents.

  • #11
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindelude
    I know words that pay up to $60 a click!

    The lowest ones are about 0.13 cents.
    really what ones PM Me please!

  • #12
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    whoa, pm them to me too

  • #13
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    insurance, loans, mesothelioma, hair laser removal.. all high paying keywords but it will be hard to build rich content site if you know nothing about them...

  • #14
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Wherever theres Wind theres Power - Big Ol Windy City Chicago IL in USA
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trancedm
    insurance, loans, mesothelioma, hair laser removal.. all high paying keywords but it will be hard to build rich content site if you know nothing about them...
    LOL
    Attention New website address, below
    HDTV Resource

  • #15
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just give it a little trial for a couple of months


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •