Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Troubles transferring Wordpress
11-13-2013, 05:49 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Troubles transferring Wordpress
So I am transferring a Wordpress site from one server to another. It's my first time ever doing so and I find myself in quite the bind. I tried reading the official Wordpress instructions but I must of got confused somewhere along the line.
So here's where I am at right now. I downloaded the whole wordpress site, as well as a zipped file of the sql database. I uploaded the page onto the new server. I thought I could alter the wp-config from there but I am just getting this message:
Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/38/12116338/html/wp-includes/load.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/38/12116338/html/wp-settings.php on line 21
Anybody have simple instructions? I'm really new to this.
11-13-2013, 08:49 AM #2
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
- Denver, Colorado USA
- Thanked 453 Times in 443 Posts
If you set php's error_reporting to E_ALL you should get a Warning message as well that tells you why the require() statement failed.Finding out HOW to do something is called research, i.e. keep searching until you find the answer. After you attempt to do something and cannot solve a problem with it yourself, would be when you ask others for help.
11-13-2013, 04:27 PM #3
- Join Date
- Jun 2003
- Cottage Grove, Minnesota
- Thanked 1,158 Times in 1,149 Posts
On your old wordpress site, save the 3 following things on your PC.
1) The directory where your theme is stored.
2) The plugins directory
3) A SQL backup (export) of your MySQL database
4) The directory where all of your image (image library) is stored.
On your new site, start with nothing ... a blank website.
1) Install Wordpress, creating a whole new MySQL database and get wordpress working with it's default theme. Everything works, the admin login, etc.
2) Copy your plugins from your PC to the new wordpress plugin directory.
3) Copy your theme directory from you PC to the new wordpress theme directory.
4) Use the import feature to load your saved SQL database from your PC to the new wordpress MySQL database. Or you can alternatively use your new webhost control panel (mysql admin) to run the saved sql queries.