Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
05-25-2013, 04:34 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2013
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how to upload your forum on a server
I recently registered for a domain and I want to use that site for running a forum. I was wondering how would proceed to actually doing that? I am really lost here.I did some google search but most of it is just too crappy to make any sense. Do you guys have any sites that give a step-by-step instruction of how to upload a forum on your website and get it running?
Also, I wanted to know, what exactly is Drupal and how do you install it on a website.
Please help this newbie out here.
05-25-2013, 12:48 PM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
- Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
- If the host server changed, copy all vanilla files from old to new. Most of the time, you'll use a FTP application to do this. The simple way to do it is to copy files to your local computer as an intermediate step.
- Edit the <Vanilla>/conf/settings.php file (on the new server) to reflect any change resulting from this server change: files path…
- Export the database from the old MySQL server and import it to the new. You seem to have done it already.
- Edit the <Vanilla>/conf/database.php file (on the new host server) to reflect any change resulting from this server change: IP address, credentials
Hope this will help you..!!!!