I have a production IIS server thats been running without issues for a couple years. I have default pages setup that are working fine but for some reason I am unable to setup any new ones. I have made changes within IIS, removed all default documents other than my default page, checked the web.config and it updated properly as well. I am at a loss as to why this isnt working now. Any suggestions of what to check is greatly appreciated I'm at my wits end right now with this.
Just to make sure its clear I have
*Properly loading default page
I'm trying to setup default.asp to be the default document for:
I'm just getting 401 because of my security layer I have to explicitly setup rights to every file so not sure what its attempting to load instead of my default document and this is a sitewide security layer that cannot be disabled. If I type go to:
it displays as expected. I have restarted IIS and even the entire server after making these changes. Rebooting the server is not something I can repeatedly do as this serves over 1000 customers nationwide and is in use 24x and cant be downed without a couple weeks notice.
*Note: This server is Win 2k3, so IIS 6.0