Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Arrow Which One is Better SEO or Development ?

    Hello Guys,

    Which one is better SEO Or Development ?

    Give your viwes...

  • #2
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    2,318
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 304 Times in 303 Posts
    That question, (apart from it being frequently asked and quite pointless, in its general form), makes no sense.

  • #3
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinwood07 View Post
    Hello Guys,

    Which one is better SEO Or Development ?

    Give your viwes...
    What is Development?

    SEO is a way to drive traffic to your website? Most of the time it's up to you to decide where to invest your time/money.

    I don't think there's something better than another, it's just what's important for you.

    Karl

  • #4
    The fat guy next door VIPStephan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Halle (Saale), Germany
    Posts
    8,680
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 982 Posts
    I suspect the OP just wanted to ask something to promote the links in their signature. They haven’t quite excelled at posting overly useful information on these forums, if you look at their short posting history.

  • #5
    Senior Coder DanInMa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Salem,Ma
    Posts
    1,577
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 248 Times in 248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPStephan View Post
    I suspect the OP just wanted to ask something to promote the links in their signature. They haven’t quite excelled at posting overly useful information on these forums, if you look at their short posting history.
    oh come on, people dont do that!

  • #6
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    High Point, NC
    Posts
    3,338
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 363 Times in 360 Posts
    Too bad this site doesn't restrict ppl from placing links in their sig. I know alot of respected members have their own personal websites in their signatures, and some of them are help sites or tutorial sites, but I fail to see the need(for others that is) of someone linking a site promoting sites other than ones I mention. Just my opinion though...lol
    Teed

  • #7
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lashley View Post
    What is Development?
    SEO is a way to drive traffic to your website? Most of the time it's up to you to decide where to invest your time/money.
    I don't think there's something better than another, it's just what's important for you.

    Karl
    I think they are referring to development a.k.a. adding content frequently. In my opinion, adding good content is more important. Because when you have great content, your readers will do your SEO for you by posting your links and tweeting your link all over the web. Just my opinion though. Without content, your backlinks are meaningless.
    Last edited by VIPStephan; 01-09-2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: removed link (backlink spamming)

  • #8
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    This has been a confusing point for many, but I believe any marketing is as good as it's content.There is no denial that with good content you can make-up poor SEO work. Further do not mix content with aesthetics.

  • #9
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi to all

    I think that this question is irrelevant. According to me, both the fields are equally imp, if developer do not make websites then what will SEO analysts do,and if there is no SEO then the websites made by developers will end up without having any visitors.

  • #10
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattF View Post
    That question, (apart from it being frequently asked and quite pointless, in its general form), makes no sense.
    Fully Agree......!!

  • #11
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Actually SEO and Development are two sides of same coin.Once development is completed SEO begins and both are also interconnected

  • #12
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifert View Post
    I think that this question is irrelevant. According to me, both the fields are equally imp, if developer do not make websites then what will SEO analysts do,and if there is no SEO then the websites made by developers will end up without having any visitors.
    I Completely agee with you but would like to point out that that the person would like to ask Which is better as a career option--

    SEO or Development

  • #13
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Both are interlinked, Development is the one that as good scope as it is not dependent and the salary scale will also be high where as SEO needs less technical skills and it is dependent on the shaping of search engines with the web moving towards social media SMO too plays a vital role
    Last edited by VIPStephan; 01-24-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Signatur rule violation


  •  

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •