Im trying to begin a seo campaign (my first ever proper one, after studying these forums ) as part of a volunteer project for a group of unknown artists to sell their mp3s.
Currently at my disposal are:
* a blog
* one site per artist - 4 artists
* 4 different genres of music
* a music shop site
* a recording/music studio with producers that can give knowledge on the music/media industry, advice on getting into it, and voice training.
* albums full of artists mp3s.
* interviews with the artists
Keywords ive tried to explore (and lots of similar ones around them):
* New exclusive music
* Exclusive new music downloads
* Buy mp3s
* music industry advice
* how to be a singer (got higher searches for singer sewing machines!)
* how to become famous
* best new music
* new pop music downloads
* new (insert genre of music here) downloads
Im very frustrated because I cant even get beyond keyword research - i am using my trial version of Market Samurai to try and source microniches and target them.
I cant find any keywords that has more than 80 searches a month thats not got way too much competition for these brand new unknown names and brand new websites.
..I got only 2 potentially useful keywords, that have a search rate of over 80 by one or 2 hundred max, and seo competition of under 30000 people. The 2 i found werent that related to my sites.
It also looks like, from my brief look at trends and also amount of decently searched keywords for the topic, that 'music industry advice' or 'exclusive music news' isnt dominated by one and other than that one, there are no searches.
It just seems this market is very hard to even begin a campaign on.
I was advised yesterday to give up getting high in the rankings through the blog etc and just use youtube..
Im disheartened and a bit fed up with myself for not being able to get past step one..
Can anyone help me with how to find a good set of niche keywords, or even suggest a different niche given the above, to explore and still get attention to these peoples music?