I need to develop a multi-user web based business-type of game for my master thesis.
Itīs a kind of game which rarely discussed in forums.
Iīve never programmed java web based apps, only the Swing-desktop type.
Iīve considered JSF but, after surfing the web I was discouraged, considering the considerable amount of bad reviews about JSFīs steep learning curve.
The game will have the following charaCteristics:
- iTīS A BUSINESS TYPE OF GAME - SIMULATING THE MANAGEMENT OF A "UNIVERSITYīS DEPARTMENT"
- Lots of forms form wich the players submit their answers and statistical graphics.
- The players must comunicate in a descentralized - real time - manner - but i need to "catch" their answers, so every communication and playing, must pass must be recorded through a server.
- 5-7 Players simulateously.
- Must be in Java.
- The players will play the game through their browsers.
- I will need - data mining and statistical processing abilities.
- Heavily database driven.
I would greatly apreciate someoneīs kind help, since this is a rather unusual application and iīm a total "virgin" on Web development. (iīm a Mathematics major)