Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Integrate google register/login/logout to my website

    my situation is....
    my web host has only 2 gb space and 50gb bandwidth, and i want to create a social networking website, so it is not enough to save all users' photos.

    so I want to use picasa website to keep all users' photo.

    Picasa is belong to google, so I want to integrate google register/login/logout acc feature to my this social networking website.
    Blogger has success to integrate that. I google search on how blogger success do that, but no result. I guess google has bough blogger and you-tube, blogger are belong to google now....

    so may you tell me how to integrate google acc registration/login/logout feature to my own website? Please help me out.

  • #2
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I do not have much idea about it, but for waht purpose u wants to do it?.Any how at the first change the host .. now hosting is very cheap, unlimited features for less price

  • #3
    Rockstar Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,074
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 328 Times in 324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zac1987 View Post
    Blogger has success to integrate that. I google search on how blogger success do that, but no result. I guess google has bough blogger and you-tube, blogger are belong to google now....
    Yes Google owns Blogger which is why it was easy for the Blogger site to integrate into Google's authentication system.

    2GB of space and 50GB of bandwidth is good enough for now, focus on actually creating the site. Once you have it written and working, you can switch to a different host with more space and bandwidth. And avoid having to use Picasa all together.
    Last edited by oracleguy; 10-12-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    OracleGuy

  • #4
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakir View Post
    I do not have much idea about it, but for waht purpose u wants to do it?.Any how at the first change the host .. now hosting is very cheap, unlimited features for less price
    The purpose that I doing this is just because I want to create social networking website that allow users upload and display their photos with a low price of web host. Picasa provide 1gb free space for users to store photos. That's why I need integrate Picasa to my social networking website. Yes. I knw some webhost company offer cheap price and provide big space, but is it reliable? Will it always server down? I trust Serverfreak because they are reliable, not always server down. But their price is expensive if the space and bandwidth is big that I cannot afford to pay.
    Last edited by zac1987; 10-12-2009 at 07:32 PM.

  • #5
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oracleguy View Post
    Yes Google owns Blogger which is why it was easy for the Blogger site to integrate into Google's authentication system.

    2GB of space and 50GB of bandwidth is good enough for now, focus on actually creating the site. Once you have it written and working, you can switch to a different host with more space and bandwidth. And avoid having to use Picasa all together.
    I am thinking want to direct redirect the users to google register page, so that the user can register an google account from there directly. But I need to do the session to hold the user name once they had success log in to their account in order to use some features on my website. Is that possible to retrieve the variable of username from google login page to my web host database? Meaning When the user type in username and password, then hit the "login" button on google login page, PHP code will send that two data to google database and to my web host database to check them at the same time, is that possible to do so?
    Last edited by zac1987; 10-12-2009 at 07:33 PM.

  • #6
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zac1987 View Post
    my situation is....
    my web host has only 2 gb space and 50gb bandwidth, and i want to create a social networking website, so it is not enough to save all users' photos.

    so I want to use picasa website to keep all users' photo.

    Picasa is belong to google, so I want to integrate google register/login/logout acc feature to my this social networking website.
    Blogger has success to integrate that. I google search on how blogger success do that, but no result. I guess google has bough blogger and you-tube, blogger are belong to google now....

    so may you tell me how to integrate google acc registration/login/logout feature to my own website? Please help me out.

    Hi Zac, do you mean just have a login to the google acount pannel on your site and a registar?

    as to your host situation, to help you out, if your having trouble with your host, id be happy to host you.
    i can give you unlimited spec hosting , with db's and cpanel etc......
    Last edited by IamHe; 10-13-2009 at 05:48 PM.

  • #7
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IamHe View Post
    Hi Zac, do you mean just have a login to the google acount pannel on your site and a registar?

    as to your host situation, to help you out, if your having trouble with your host, id be happy to host you.
    i can give you unlimited spec hosting , with db's and cpanel etc......
    I don't really understand what you mean by "google account pannel" and "a registar" that you wrote.

    What I want is develop a website on my host that enable users to register an account, login and logout their account from my website. So, during registration, php and mysql code will send the users' data to my host database, at the same time, it must auto create an account at google.com. I mean register a google account for the users automatically, when they register an account at my site.

    It is impossible to do so because google registration page has the catcha image verification to avoid spamming. My code doesn't know how to read the image. So, I am thinking want to integrate google register page into my website, so user can interact with the catcha image verification. But how can I pass all the users' data that typed onto the text boxes on google registration page to my host database? Because I need to user's data to keep on my host database too. It is hard for me to retrieve the data on text boxes because I don't know what name is the text boxes that google giving. Is there a code to pass all text on text boxes to php variable without knowing the name of the text boxes? Can I use Javascript to do it?

    I never believe there is unlimited spec of hosting, there might be a limit for sure. Haha. You said "i can give you unlimited spec hosting", you said the word "give" ? free of charge? haha
    Last edited by zac1987; 10-14-2009 at 03:10 AM.

  • #8
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zac1987 View Post
    I don't really understand what you mean by "google account pannel" and "a registar" that you wrote.

    What I want is develop a website on my host that enable users to register an account, login and logout their account from my website. So, during registration, php and mysql code will send the users' data to my host database, at the same time, it must auto create an account at google.com. I mean register a google account for the users automatically, when they register an account at my site.

    It is impossible to do so because google registration page has the catcha image verification to avoid spamming. My code doesn't know how to read the image. So, I am thinking want to integrate google register page into my website, so user can interact with the catcha image verification. But how can I pass all the users' data that typed onto the text boxes on google registration page to my host database? Because I need to user's data to keep on my host database too. It is hard for me to retrieve the data on text boxes because I don't know what name is the text boxes that google giving. Is there a code to pass all text on text boxes to php variable without knowing the name of the text boxes? Can I use Javascript to do it?

    I never believe there is unlimited spec of hosting, there might be a limit for sure. Haha. You said "i can give you unlimited spec hosting", you said the word "give" ? free of charge? haha
    Uhm , why not just Set your registration out in stages.
    first register 2 ur site and have like "stage 1" above, then send them 2 a second page which includes the google registration form....
    you could even post the info from the first page to appear in the boxes on the second page... you'd just have to make them fill out the verification box , you could then post the information to google and redirect back to your site.

    not too hard. if you need help , just lemme know.
    and if A free host will help you , then why not.

  • #9
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zac1987 View Post
    I don't really understand what you mean by "google account pannel" and "a registar" that you wrote.

    I never believe there is unlimited spec of hosting, there might be a limit for sure.
    well sortaa , there is in the sense, i could give you "unlimited" hosting. and providing i dont oversell the server , chances are , you are your entire family could probally never fill your acount...but if you did and ive sold unlimited hosting, id have to upgrade the server.

    so theres always a limit, but an acount can have no limit.

    get what i mean?

  • #10
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IamHe View Post
    Uhm , why not just Set your registration out in stages.
    first register 2 ur site and have like "stage 1" above, then send them 2 a second page which includes the google registration form....
    you could even post the info from the first page to appear in the boxes on the second page... you'd just have to make them fill out the verification box , you could then post the information to google and redirect back to your site.

    not too hard. if you need help , just lemme know.
    and if A free host will help you , then why not.
    2 stages makes users' feel frustrated, user feel inconvenient as so many works just for registration. Normally I not so willing to spend time to register an account on a site, now I need to register two time, omg

    you said "and if A free host will help you , then why not", I tried some free host before, the site loading speed is very slow, I guess it is what a free thing does... won't be as good as I expect. haha.

    If really cannot find a code to retrieve the text on textboxes on google registration page, then I have to force myself to create two stages for registration as you suggested, or i just resize the picture to smaller and limit to 50 pieces of picture per user. Sad

  • #11
    Rockstar Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,074
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 328 Times in 324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zac1987 View Post
    2 stages makes users' feel frustrated, user feel inconvenient as so many works just for registration. Normally I not so willing to spend time to register an account on a site, now I need to register two time, omg
    This is why I suggest you ditch the idea of using Picasa. Are you even sure the usurping Picasa for your site like that is allowed? Google might not be ok with it.

    Plus with user's pictures stored off on Picasa it would be really hard to build in features on your site to integrate the pictures with people's profiles. Storing everything on one site (yours) seems like a much better solution and will yield a better website.

    Quote Originally Posted by zac1987 View Post
    or i just resize the picture to smaller and limit to 50 pieces of picture per user. Sad
    Or just upgrade to more space as you need it. You can still do some resizing because if people upload 10MP pictures, there is no reason to store them that big on your website, in fact I would recommend it so that the pictures load faster.
    OracleGuy

  • #12
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zac1987 View Post
    2 stages makes users' feel frustrated, user feel inconvenient as so many works just for registration. Normally I not so willing to spend time to register an account on a site, now I need to register two time, omg

    you said "and if A free host will help you , then why not", I tried some free host before, the site loading speed is very slow, I guess it is what a free thing does... won't be as good as I expect. haha.

    If really cannot find a code to retrieve the text on textboxes on google registration page, then I have to force myself to create two stages for registration as you suggested, or i just resize the picture to smaller and limit to 50 pieces of picture per user. Sad
    i see what you mean about it being frustrating.
    as for the host, its not a free host, i charge hosting fees, the servers are fast and have great uptime, was simply offering to help you out with a free acount. offer stands if your intrested.

    Good luck

  • #13
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oracleguy View Post
    This is why I suggest you ditch the idea of using Picasa. Are you even sure the usurping Picasa for your site like that is allowed? Google might not be ok with it.

    Plus with user's pictures stored off on Picasa it would be really hard to build in features on your site to integrate the pictures with people's profiles. Storing everything on one site (yours) seems like a much better solution and will yield a better website.

    Or just upgrade to more space as you need it. You can still do some resizing because if people upload 10MP pictures, there is no reason to store them that big on your website, in fact I would recommend it so that the pictures load faster.
    Ok. I have decide NOT to use Picasa, because :
    1 - I want to improve the convenient for registration and login feature to the end-users.
    2 - I want to increase the page loading speed. Picasa picture is big size, it can slow down my page loading speed.
    3 - I worry google or picasa sue me for some aspect of using their things without a permission. Haha.

    Luckly I got 1 professor friend who are good in many things, really many many things... I am sooooo respect and admire him. He told me that :

    "*That is not the direction that you should be looking at.
    *If you're looking for a solution to offload your images from your server to another.

    *You should be looking at Image Storage APIs.
    *Imageshack probably has an API for you to do it.
    *Picasa also has an API for you to upload and retrieve photos.
    *Perhaps it doesn't even have to be an image storage API.
    *storage APIs and I think box.net offers them.
    *SMEStorage as combination packages.

    *Usually if their provide APIs, it comes with code samples on how to use them.

    *You build the UPLOAD form.
    The UPLOAD form retrieves image from USER.
    The UPLOAD form sends the image via these API to their SERVER.
    The SERVER returns you the URL LINK of the image.
    You STORE the URL LINK into your DATABASE."

    So, I tried to look at imageshack api information and wow, it provide unlimited bandwidth and space for free account! Cool !

    Quote Originally Posted by IamHe View Post
    i see what you mean about it being frustrating.
    as for the host, its not a free host, i charge hosting fees, the servers are fast and have great uptime, was simply offering to help you out with a free acount. offer stands if your intrested.
    Why are you so kind to free me an account to use? Don't you worry I will have too many pictures store on my account/your host thus wasting your space and bandwidth? Or is that the account has limitation of space and bandwidth? I remember you said it is unlimited... haha.
    Last edited by zac1987; 10-15-2009 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Updated information


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •