Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Required Email Address

    I have an online store. I sell my own produced videos (Music). I am also building a free archive of videos that I want to put into a video on demand page. All I want is for viewers to give me their email address (valid) before they get in for free. I was directed round a bout here and was hoping somebody could give me a simple (?) solution.

    Jeff

  • #2
    The Apostate Apostropartheid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 265 Times in 263 Posts
    It depends. Do you want this server-side or client + server-side? What languages do you know?

  • #3
    Supreme Master coder! _Aerospace_Eng_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In a place far, far away...
    Posts
    19,291
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 1,019 Posts
    We can tell you what you should do but we aren't just going to give you code that you can copy and paste. This is a forum for helping people. Have the user enter their email address into some kind of form. Store their email in a database along with a string that is 10 characters long that gets generated randomly. Send an email to the email address they gave you with a link in it that looks like this http://www.yoursite.com/verify.php?code=yourrandomcodegoeshere and then upon clicking the link they get back to your site. You read the code in the url and match it with the one in the database. If they match mark their email as verified and allow them to do whatever you want.
    ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

  • #4
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks,

    I just wanted to maintain it on my side. I speak english and a little German (Ha) No programming. I was thinking that I wold have a page and it would have an email contact form. They fill it out and upon submitting, it redirects them to the vids. My only issue now I see is someone can circumvent the contact page and go right to the vids. My ultimate is that I could make it so they couldn;t get in without going through the contact page. I would contract out the code work if anyone is interested.

    Jeff

  • #5
    Master Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,682
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 890 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur View Post
    Thanks,

    I just wanted to maintain it on my side. I speak english and a little German (Ha) No programming. I was thinking that I wold have a page and it would have an email contact form. They fill it out and upon submitting, it redirects them to the vids. My only issue now I see is someone can circumvent the contact page and go right to the vids. My ultimate is that I could make it so they couldn;t get in without going through the contact page. I would contract out the code work if anyone is interested.

    Jeff
    post a request to the web project forum if you want to pay.
    To be honest if download is free I don't see any reason to ask for user mail address for confirmation, seems a complication from my point of view.

    best regards

  • #6
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I also sell products so I just wanted to create an email database for my products

  • #7
    Rockstar Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,074
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 328 Times in 324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur View Post
    I also sell products so I just wanted to create an email database for my products
    Well perhaps you should give the option for the user to enter their email address but also have a link that skips that step if so desired and takes them to the download.

    So basically if they'd like to get your news or update announcements, or whatever you want to have an email list for, they can if interested.
    OracleGuy

  • #8
    Master Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,682
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 890 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur View Post
    I also sell products so I just wanted to create an email database for my products
    this could be a reason,

    best regards

  • #9
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur View Post
    I have an online store. I sell my own produced videos (Music). I am also building a free archive of videos that I want to put into a video on demand page. All I want is for viewers to give me their email address (valid) before they get in for free. I was directed round a bout here and was hoping somebody could give me a simple (?) solution.

    Jeff
    Hai Yasgur,
    I have gone through your contents. I have got an email. database for sale.
    It consists of 70 lakhs business people, 60 lakhs of Importers and Exporters allover the world and complete email details of yahoo, sify, hotmail, rediffmail and so on. If you are interested please call me or send email. My mobile phone no: 91-9444562396. rjprabhu46@gmail.com.


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •