I am currently working on a project for my degree and I need to find out what people think of different website promotion techniques so I would be vary grateful if you could spare some time to answer some of the following questions.
(You may choose more then one option)
1. Do you use directories regularly to search for web pages is so which ones (not search engines)
A. Yahoo B. Looksmart
C. Dmoz D. Other (please specify)
2. Do you use search engines regularly to search for web pages if so which ones
A. Google B. Altavista
C. AllTheWeb D. HotBot
E. Excite F. Infoseek
G. Lycos H. Aol
I. MSN J. Other (please specify)
3. How many directories or search engine pages are you likely to go through before you stop looking to find something you are interested in?
4. Do you regularly click on banners? What will make you more likely to click on a banner because its has a fancy design or because it says something that interests you, or something else
5. What makes you want to return to a site?
A. Regular up-dates to the site B. Discussion Forums
C. Newsletter or news E. Other reason (please specify)
8. What other forms of web site promotions make you visit a site
A. Topsite lists B. Links posted on Usenet or forums
C. Link from a different site D. FFA pages (free for all pages)
E. Sites that have won awards
9. Are there any other techniques that will make you look at a site?
Thank you for you time