Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Mozilla Firefox 2 - Out Now...

    Mozilla Firefox 2 - Out Now...

    not the RC3, or any BETA... but The Final (So I'M Told)

    http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi.../releases/2.0/

    Get It Here ^ ^ ^ ^

  • #2
    Regular Coder Aradon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    734
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
    Is this the same link that was leaked on slashdot and then taken down?

    :P
    "To iterate is human, to recurse divine." -L. Peter Deutsch

  • #3
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    LOL. I DONT KNOW.. A FRIEND JUST GAVE IT TO ME..

    I INSTALLED AND IT WORKS OK.. (THE WIN32 VER)


  • #4
    Regular Coder Masterslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Today I've installed 2.0 and I like it.
    The new skin is very nice.
    But we're all waiting for 3.0 off course, the new gecko is then working.

    Here are some about:config code:
    Code:
    browser.tabs.closeButtons
    Set to 3, and the close button per tab is gone (just like FF 1.5)

    Code:
    browser.urlbar.hideGoButton
    Change the boolean to show/hide the go button

  • #5
    Regular Coder Aradon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    734
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
    from the BBC Page:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6078016.stm

    Firefox 2 is released at 1700 PST (0100 BST).
    *looks at watch* Nope, not 1700 PST :P
    "To iterate is human, to recurse divine." -L. Peter Deutsch

  • #6
    Senior Coder JamieR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,161
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    I downloaded Firefox 2.0 last night and it's a massive improvement over 1.5..As Aradon said - it is the same link as was posted on Slashdot and then removed.

  • #7
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterslave View Post
    Today I've installed 2.0 and I like it.
    The new skin is very nice.
    But we're all waiting for 3.0 off course, the new gecko is then working.

    Here are some about:config code:
    Code:
    browser.tabs.closeButtons
    Set to 3, and the close button per tab is gone (just like FF 1.5)

    Code:
    browser.urlbar.hideGoButton
    Change the boolean to show/hide the go button
    I LIKE THIS OPTION MORE THAN THE SINGLE CLOSE BUTTON, BUT I HAVE BEEN USING FF2 SINCE RC1 SO I JUST GOT USED TO IT..

  • #8
    Regular Coder Masterslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoot2Kill View Post
    I LIKE THIS OPTION MORE THAN THE SINGLE CLOSE BUTTON, BUT I HAVE BEEN USING FF2 SINCE RC1 SO I JUST GOT USED TO IT..
    [LOL]OK, BUT THE MOST PREFER 1 CLOSEBUTTON[/LOL]
    Also the acceskeys are working different, you 've to press alt + shift + the_acceskey instead of alt + the_acceskey as it was used to be. This is something I don't get it. Why 've they changed this?

  • #9
    Senior Coder JamieR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,161
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    For anyone who doesn't know, Firefox 2.0 has now been officially released.

    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

  • #10
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i'l be upgrading soon but for now i still contented with my 1.5
    no rest for the w!ck3d

    prototype blog ||

  • #11
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The fact that links that normally would open new windows open in tabs is a major perk!

  • #12
    The fat guy next door VIPStephan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Halle (Saale), Germany
    Posts
    8,642
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 978 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterslave View Post
    Also the acceskeys are working different, you 've to press alt + shift + the_acceskey instead of alt + the_acceskey as it was used to be. This is something I don't get it. Why 've they changed this?
    Probably because of some poorly designed websites where the accesskeys were interferring with the special characters which are also typed with Alt + [#] (I had this problem more than once).


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •