Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bonifay, Fl
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Microsoft cell phone.

    On Oct. 11 Microsoft unvield thier new cell phone they invented. I was wondering if anyone is planning on getting one, and what you think will happen with it.

    Heres a link http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...11mswp7pr.mspx

    I seriously think that this is going to wind up being just one rpic failure, I mean they can't even keep a PC even half-aed secure, muchless a celluar phone.

    Someone should make a phone linux capable, that would work good....

  • #2
    Regular Coder primefalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    /home/primefalcon/
    Posts
    678
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 39 Times in 39 Posts
    I advice anyone based on Microsoft history if you do want it, wait a week before you buy it... remember the kin?

  • #3
    The Apostate Apostropartheid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 265 Times in 263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalmaniac View Post
    On Oct. 11 Microsoft unvield thier new cell phone they invented. I was wondering if anyone is planning on getting one, and what you think will happen with it.

    Heres a link http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...11mswp7pr.mspx

    I seriously think that this is going to wind up being just one rpic failure, I mean they can't even keep a PC even half-aed secure, muchless a celluar phone.

    Someone should make a phone linux capable, that would work good....
    Windows Phone is made by the same people who did the Zune.

    What do you think Android, Maemo and Meego are?

  • #4
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bonifay, Fl
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by primefalcon View Post
    I advice anyone based on Microsoft history if you do want it, wait a week before you buy it... remember the kin?
    What do you mean wait a week. I also wait a year or two before I even think about upgrading.

  • #5
    Regular Coder primefalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    /home/primefalcon/
    Posts
    678
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 39 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalmaniac View Post
    What do you mean wait a week. I also wait a year or two before I even think about upgrading.
    Kin was killed after about a week, too bad if you actually bought the thing support wise

  • #6
    Rockstar Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,074
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 328 Times in 324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by primefalcon View Post
    Kin was killed after about a week, too bad if you actually bought the thing support wise
    More like 6 weeks but yeah.
    OracleGuy

  • #7
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bonifay, Fl
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by primefalcon View Post
    Kin was killed after about a week, too bad if you actually bought the thing support wise
    Support Microsoft never. No im just kidding, I might actually get me a Windows phone 7 or whatever they call it. I didn't know they had already attempted something similair, too bad to hear it as my carrier is Verizon.

  • #8
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Microsoft cell phone?

  • #9
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    331
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I knew sooner or later microsoft would attempt something like this

  • #10
    The Apostate Apostropartheid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 265 Times in 263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elitis View Post
    I knew sooner or later microsoft would attempt something like this
    ...You mean like Windows Mobile?


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •