I am starting this project and it needs to be completed within three months. I have zero experience coding, besides doing basic website coding back in highschool. I am also willing to pay someone to help me with this process, it seems fairly basic in terms of what someone with experience would need to do (but I very well could be wrong). Please see image for full explanation of project.
What I 'need' to know:
- How to begin coding, or where to find someone to hire to code.
- If an Ardunio unit is the proper microcontroller board that is needed.
- How to connect a button device as well as a projector to an Arduino or some other type of microcontroller board.
- Any advice towards books, websites, people, videos etc.. on the 'how to' to be able to go about executing this.
- Any other forums or websites that have the potential to help me further understand or be able to ask more questions about what is below.
- Projector projects nothing until user interacts with button
- when user presses button an Image appears from a pre-selected list of 4-10 images
- But, Which image appears needs to be “random”. Thus the need for a truly random number sequence from a Geiger counter or other device needs to be implemented.
- To my understanding, each image needs to be given a number value, and when that number value is ‘selected’ by the user that image appears.
- Example: Say the Random number sequence goes, 2508720847..... After each user presses the button the image will display for x amount of time. After the image
Disappears, the next press of the button brings about the next image, which has been assigned the number value.
- For examples sake, lets say an image of a bird is given the number value of 2, and an image of a frog is given the number value 5. The first pressing of the button would
display an image of a bird for... lets say 5 seconds. The projector then needs to go white, or blank. after that image is done displaying. the next press of the button
would bring about the very next number from the random number sequence, and the same would need to repeat.
- Once the sequence reached the end (of the random number sequence) it would need to ‘restart’ or go back to the beginning and start over again.